Thursday, April 15, 2010

Creative Card: Evolution of a Cupcake


This is another project that is currently featured in My Pink Stamper's gallery.  This cupcake from Sweet Treats was actually one of the first things that I ever cut with my Cricut.  In fact I used the card feature for thank you notes.  What a difference a few months makes.  While I still love the original card, I think the new version is even cuter!  It's a great example how versatile each image is on each of the cartridges.  I wanted to create more of a gender neutral birthday card.  I'm not sure that I completely achieved it, but I'm getting closer. 
If you are interested in learning how to line envelopes, don't forget to check back on Friday.  I am working on a whole post about different ways to embellish envelopes.

Materials Used:
  • Card Base: 8 x 5 1/4 (4 x 5 1/4 folded) - (Bazill Textured Cardstock)
  • Mat: 5 x 3 3/4 (K&Co.)
  • Accent: 1 3/4 x 3 3/4 (DCWV - Citrus Stack)
  • 3/8" Ribbon
  • Cupcake - cut at 4 1/2" using blackout feature.  (I also cut off the heart)
  • Scallop Circles - cut at 1 1/2, 1 1/4, and 1"  (layered with pop dots)
  • Flowers - 1 at 1 1/2"and 2 at 1"  (layered & attached with pop dots)
  • Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl A2 embossing folder
  • My Pink Stamper's Simply Sweet Occasions Stamp Set

  • Tsukineko Pigment Inks

No comments: