Friday, April 2, 2010

Creative Card: Topsy Turvy Cake

Here is a quick and super easy card that I created using the Cricut cartridge Sweet Treats.  To jazz up the cake and the cake pedastal a bit I ran it through my Cuttlebug and lightly went over it with some shimmery stamping ink. 



Here's a quick tip - I've had trouble with the cake pedastal in the past coming out waaay too big for what I wanted. For this card I used the "fit to length" button and based the size on the width the card's mat. It worked out perfectly! Also - if you haven't tried the Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter Glue Pens - I highly recommend them. You get high quality glitter without the mess! (As an aside, isn't it funny that there is such a thing as high quality glitter? But really, you can tell a difference.)

No comments: