Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Creative Craft: Spring Favor

This is another project that is currently featured in My Pink Stamper's new gallery.  (Woohoo!)  I used this favor box to hold a sugar cookie for Easter, but it would also make a really cute favor box for a birthday or shower.

You can't tell from the pictures, but I made the favors double-sided.  If I was doing it again - I would have only cut the flower's base for the back and called it a day.

                                    

Here are the materials used -

          Everything is cut at 3"
  • Flower 2 Favor box (Sweet Treats)- used DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • 5 pink flowers cut using the blackout feature (2 for each side of the favor and one for the tag)
  • 2 orange flower layers
  • 2 yellow centers - used DCWV Citrus Stack
  • 1 flower cut using the shadow feature (for tag) - used DCWV Citrus Stack
  • 1 leaf - for the tag (Accent Essentials)
  • Cuttlebug's Swiss Dot A2 embossing folder
  • Dew Drop Tsukineko Inks
  • Pop Dots
Quick Tip: To give the flowers more of a 3-D look, I "curl" the petals by placing the base of the petal between my thumb and forefinger and pulling outward towards the end of the petal.  (Similar to curling ribbon for a package.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute, great job.