Monday, April 19, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Weehaw"

"Whee-haw!"  That is what I hear every time my daughter does something fun, dangerous or super fast - preferably all of the above if she has anything to say about it.  We had tried to teach her how to say "yee-haw," but "wee-haw" came out and it has stuck! 

Pennants or banners seem to be everywhere right now - from birthday parties to baby rooms.  They always look so cheerful, so I thought it would be a perfect accent for a carousel layout.  I couldn't be happier with how it turned out and I am sure I will use this technique for more projects.  Hope you like it!
Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • (2) 2 1/2 x 12 - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • 10 x 9 3/4 - Bazzill Basics "Bank Roll" - that name cracks me up
  • Horse cut at 4 1/2" from Paisley (It's actually a unicorn, but I cut it's horn off - I promise it was painless.) 
  • "wheehaw" cut at 1.32 from Cursive 101, welded using my Gypsy.
  • Triangles cut at 1.33 from George and Basic Shapes
  • Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Victoria A2 Embossing folders (pennants & the horse's body)
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue Pen - tourmaline & turquoise
  • Turquoise and Green Jewels - K & Co.
  • Embroidery floss

No comments: