Saturday, May 8, 2010

Creative Card and a Quick Site Update


Before I get into the card...you may or may not have noticed that I added a new feature to the site.  Right under the "about me" blurb - you can find a few stand alone pages.  I hit the 50 post mark last week and decided that I ought to start organizing my projects before I ended up with too many to manage.  I have organized all of the projects into four categories.  I hope this helps anyone looking for a specific project or just a little inspiration.

About Me - anything that is not really craft related
Creative Cards - organized by Cricut Cartridges
Creative Crafts - organized by type of craft
Creative Scrapbooking - organized by Cricut cartridges

On to the card...if you follow this blog, you may remember that I made a 40th birthday card for my brother-in-law as one of the National Scrapbook Day challenges.  Well...I really didn't like it (in fact I hated it) so I decided that I could do better.  Masculine cards may not be my strongest suit, but I thought it deserved another try.  I cut out the car three times from the Paper Doll Dress-up cartridge to create my own "layers."  It ended up looking really flat even with the different layers.  Since glitter didn't seem very masculine, I decided to try "stitching" around the car to give it a bit more interest.  I did have to add a bit of glitter to the flames on the 4 and 0 - only because I had my white pigment ink pad next to me on my work surface and I inadvertently flipped it over on top of one of the numbers.  Oh well - a little glitter never hurt anyone.


Materials Used:
  • Card cut at 5 1/2" from George and Basic Shapes
  • Car cut 2 3/4" (three times to create layers) from Paper Doll Dress-up - attached using pop dots
  • "4-0" cut at 1 1/2" from Sweet Treats - "4" attached with pop dots and "0" attached with zig 2-way
  • Red waxed thread - no idea - it was my mom's 
  • "Celebrate Today" from My Pink Stamper's "Simply Sweet Occasions" set
  • Tsukineko pigment ink - white
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - garnet


No comments: