Friday, May 28, 2010

Creative Card: Bingo Birthday!


Today's card is for one of my favorite people - my sweet husband!  He's not really a "card" kind of guy, but I can't let his birthday go by without making him one.  I didn't use the Cricut at all for this one - what the what?  I know...  I was completely inspired by the "bingo" mat from the K & Company "Cut n Paste" Designer Mat Pad.  I typically don't share a lot of personal information on the blog - I tend to focus primarily on my crafty endeavors, but here it goes...my husband and I started dating when we were 17 and 18 years old and we got married 5 years later.  (He took me to my senior prom for goodness sake!)  I really did hit the jackpot the day he was born.  He is my best friend and I love him more than words can express.  Not many people can say that they "grew up" with their spouse, but I am lucky enough to have watched him grow into a man, become a wonderful husband and an even more amazing dad.  

OK...enough mushy stuff and on to the card!


Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 red cardstock trimmed to 8 x 10 (folded to 5 x 8)
  • 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 mat from K & Co. "Cut n Paste" Designer Mat Pad
  • 1 1/2 x 4 3/4 accent from K & Co. "Cut n Paste" Designer Mat Pad
  • "bingo" game pieces - I embossed a scrap of the red cardstock used for the card's base using the Cuttlebug's Snowflakes A2 Embossing folder and then used my 3/4" circle punch to cut out 5 circles.
  • Sentiment: "the day you were born..." & "I hit the JACKPOT!!!" were printed on cream cardstock using the "American Typewriter" font.  I then trimmed down the paper, crumpled it up (that was fun) and inked the edges.
  • Ribbon - from Michael's
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean


1 comment:

Debbie's Dooie's said...

Really cute. I just love finding new people that craft. I love your style.