Today's card is for one of my favorite people - my sweet husband! He's not really a "card" kind of guy, but I can't let his birthday go by without making him one. I didn't use the Cricut at all for this one - what the what? I know... I was completely inspired by the "bingo" mat from the K & Company "Cut n Paste" Designer Mat Pad. I typically don't share a lot of personal information on the blog - I tend to focus primarily on my crafty endeavors, but here it goes...my husband and I started dating when we were 17 and 18 years old and we got married 5 years later. (He took me to my senior prom for goodness sake!) I really did hit the jackpot the day he was born. He is my best friend and I love him more than words can express. Not many people can say that they "grew up" with their spouse, but I am lucky enough to have watched him grow into a man, become a wonderful husband and an even more amazing dad.
OK...enough mushy stuff and on to the card!
- 12 x 12 red cardstock trimmed to 8 x 10 (folded to 5 x 8)
- 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 mat from K & Co. "Cut n Paste" Designer Mat Pad
- 1 1/2 x 4 3/4 accent from K & Co. "Cut n Paste" Designer Mat Pad
- "bingo" game pieces - I embossed a scrap of the red cardstock used for the card's base using the Cuttlebug's Snowflakes A2 Embossing folder and then used my 3/4" circle punch to cut out 5 circles.
- Sentiment: "the day you were born..." & "I hit the JACKPOT!!!" were printed on cream cardstock using the "American Typewriter" font. I then trimmed down the paper, crumpled it up (that was fun) and inked the edges.
- Ribbon - from Michael's
- Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean