Friday, May 28, 2010

Creative Card: Froggy {hugs}


Nicole from Canadian Nickel Scrap'n posted a cute frog card that she will be sending on to Lisa C.'s sister, Jayme, who has terminal cancer.  If you have a few minutes, why don't you try and come up with a cute or funny card (no get well cards) featuring a frog and send it Jayme's way.  For more information, click HERE!  I couldn't think of any funny sentiments, so I just left the card kind of plain.  There are soo many cute frogs on lots of different Cricut cartridges, but I am still partial to this little frog prince from Paisley.  He looks like he's ready to leap off the page to give you a hug or maybe even a slimy kiss.  Hope this brings a smile to Jayme!

Materials Used:
  • 4 1/2 square Easel Card (Nicole has easy to follow directions HERE)
  • 4 x 4 patterned paper - g.c.d. studios - "Cloisonné" 8 x 8 paper pad
  • Frog Prince cut at 3 1/4 from Paisley - embossed his tummy using Cuttlebug A2 Swiss Dots folder.
  • Ribbon - 3/8 pink grosgrain
  • Tsukineko Ink - Ivy and Pearlescent Olive 
  • Stickles - Cotton Candy
  • Gem - K & Company
  • To see my super easy method to line envelopes - click HERE



3 comments:

Nicole said...

Lauren your froggy is awesome and tanks for the shout outs! YAY, I love Easel Cards! Funny, as I was looking at your frog I thought "HUGS" would be a great sentiment, then I read your hugs comment. Thats so sweet you made Jayme a card. What a lovely thing her sister is doing for her. Post your cards link on my Facebook page if you like:)

liz said...

Lauren, your card is so cute! I just love that frog!!!

liz :o)

Tracy said...

Your card is adorable