One of the current Bitten by the Bug 2 challenges is being sponsored by Peggy Loves Vintage. The challenge is to choose one of the vintage images provided by Peggy and combine it with at least one Cricut cut. I immediately fell in love with the little hula girl and I knew she would be the perfect addition to a summer party invitation that I have been working on. (More party details to come over the next few weeks.) Check out the challenge and maybe you'll be inspired by one of the images! You have until June 1st to enter!
- Base of card cut using 2 rectangles from George and Basic Shapes that were welded together along with the word "aloha" which was welded and cut from Cursive 101 (I would love to tell you the dimensions, but hahaha, I didn't save it on my Gypsy - grrrr!) - DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
- Mat - trimmed to 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 - K & Co. Citronella Mat Stack (it's on clearance right now at Michael's)
- 2nd Mat - trimmed to 2 3/4 x 4 3/4 - K & Co. Citronella Mat Stack
- Hula girl from Peggy Loves Vintage - Printed on cream cardstock to add to it's vintage feel. I also used Martha Stewart Glitter Glue in Silver to accent the glitter that is already in the scanned image.
- Flowers from pg. 90 of Walk in My Garden (3) cut at 1 1/4" and (1) cut at 1"
- Red and White Ribbon - from my ribbon scraps
- Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
For the printed invitation information, I used Microsoft Word. I changed the paper size to 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 and entered in the information. (I will be reprinting it with the actual party information when it gets closer to when I need to mail it out.) I attached it to the card base using 2 pop-dots.