Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Creative Card: "Aloha Invitation"


One of the current Bitten by the Bug 2 challenges is being sponsored by Peggy Loves Vintage.  The challenge is to choose one of the vintage images provided by Peggy and combine it with at least one Cricut cut.  I immediately fell in love with the little hula girl and I knew she would be the perfect addition to a summer party invitation that I have been working on.  (More party details to come over the next few weeks.)  Check out the challenge and maybe you'll be inspired by one of the images!  You have until June 1st to enter!

Materials Used:
  • Base of card cut using 2 rectangles from George and Basic Shapes that were welded together along with the word "aloha" which was welded and cut from Cursive 101 (I would love to tell you the dimensions, but hahaha, I didn't save it on my Gypsy - grrrr!) - DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • Mat - trimmed to 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 - K & Co. Citronella Mat Stack (it's on clearance right now at Michael's)
  • 2nd Mat - trimmed to 2 3/4 x 4 3/4 - K & Co. Citronella Mat Stack
  • Hula girl from Peggy Loves Vintage - Printed on cream cardstock to add to it's vintage feel.  I also used Martha Stewart Glitter Glue in Silver to accent the glitter that is already in the scanned image.
  • Flowers from pg. 90 of Walk in My Garden (3) cut at 1 1/4" and (1) cut at 1"
  • Red and White Ribbon - from my ribbon scraps 
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

For the printed invitation information, I used Microsoft Word.  I changed the paper size to 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 and entered in the information.  (I will be reprinting it with the actual party information when it gets closer to when I need to mail it out.)  I attached it to the card base using 2 pop-dots.



11 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

what a fantastic invitation!

Melissa said...

This is a really nice card!

Scrappy Mel said...

Wow - this is a beautiful card! Great job! :)

PeggyLovesVintage said...

What a cute invite! Looks like it is going to be a hula of a party. Thanks for playing along!

liz said...

love the image! and your invitation is adorable!
liz :o)

Jeri said...

Love how you welded aloha onto the card. Perfect to go along with the image. I have a fondness for all things Hawaiian having just returned from a trip there. Well done.

Heather said...

I really like how you printed it on cream cardstock to keep that vintage feel. This is just adorable! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

~JulieH~ said...

Gorgeous invite! I love how you've welded aloha down the side. Great doodling and I teally like the vintage feel of the image printed on cream. Thanks so much for entering the contest!
Juliexx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh is this ever CUTE! You sure should have saved this because it would be just a PERFECT invitation for a luau. Good luck on the contest and thanks for participating. xxD

Crayola58 said...

This is just really a cute card...love the doodling. Thanks for playing along with our challenge.
Carole

Cathy said...

Any one would love to receive this invitation and they would have to keep it as a keepsake because it is just adorable. I love the way you did the letters on the edge. Great card.