Saturday, May 29, 2010

Creative Card: MPS Father's Day Challenge


The Pink Stamper has a Father's Day themed challenge going on right now, and the prize is a Cricut Expression - woohoo!  Now, I don't need an Expression, but my mom does.  (She doesn't know it yet, but she does!)  The new Gypsy update has made using the Sweethearts cartridge so much easier, so get ready - I will probably be doing a lot of projects with it.  

This card is for my husband (that's kind of obvious, right?).  I had actually planned to make one for my daughter to give him, but when I asked her what kind of card we should make for her daddy, she told me he liked princess cards, so I decided to save that one for another day.  :)

Materials Used:
  • Base trimmed to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 (folded - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2)
  • Mat trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4 - K & Company "cut n paste" Mat Pad
  • Accent trimmed to 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 - embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots A2 Folder
  • Couple cut at 4" from Sweethearts (p 40)
  • Ribbon - 3/8" Red Grosgrain
  • Sentiment - "Happy Father's Day to my sweetheart!" printed using Lucinda Handwriting - printed, crumpled (evidently, crumpled up paper = masculine to me) and inked
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - coffee bean, pearlescent ivy, cosmic copper
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - maroon (skirt and shoes)
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white
Thanks for looking!


5 comments:

Anita said...

Great job.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Such a cute card!

liz said...

so cute! you've got a great eye for detailing!

Scrappy Mel said...

So adorable! That is a great cut - nice job!

Melissa said...

Very cute card!

Melissa