Thursday, May 27, 2010

Creative Card: Princess Card-Set


As I mentioned earlier in the week, I am trying to resist buying any new Cricut cartridges until my birthday in August.  (Keep in my mind my husband and my mom both laughed out loud when I told them my plan.  Little do they realize that they have just strengthened my resolve.  I also promised to not buy any new paper packs - somehow I think that might be more difficult.)  In the spirit of using some of my more neglected cartridges, I designed some shape cards using the Disney Princess: Happily Ever After cartridge.  I know that some of the Disney cartridges are a bit detailed, but there are some great images hidden in the booklet - you just have to do a bit of searching.  

I also did my first "paper-crafting" video - it was a bit trickier than I thought.  I actually think I had an easier time demo-ing the hair accessories.  Hope you enjoy!



Materials Used:

  • The dresses and their shadows were all cut at 4 1/4 from Disney Princess: Happily Ever After  (They won't fit in a standard A2 envelope, but they will fit in a 4x6 envelope)
  • Cuttlebug's A2 D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder
  • Tsukineko Pigment Inks - Platinum Planet and Pearlescent Orchid
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Garnet

That is just a 99 cent gift bag from Target - but I think the dress really livens it up and my 2 year old identified each of the Disney princess' dresses, so I think they are pretty recognizable.



6 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

I LOVE THEM!! I don't have this cart (yet-lol) but it does look like it's got some great things on it. Thanks for sharing your adorable projects. :)

Anonymous said...

These are super cute! Great idea. What paper brand and colors did you use? LOVE THIS

catherine a
hdn4dbch at yahoo dot com

joeygirl86 said...

I love these princess dresses! Great job! :) I'm trying to save some money for new carts too..but my bday isn't til Jan, I don't think I can resist til then..lol..good luck!

Lucy said...

You're so right on about the Disney carts! The detail on them makes it awful to cut them out! I gave up trying to make Cinderella.
Thanks for showing me that I can still use this cart to make things.
Lucy Lam

Eva Friesen said...

I love this Card! Perfect for my little girls

RAEGAN GRACE JENKINS JIMENEZ said...

hi
i just bought the cartridge so i can make the dresses for daughters bday but was wondering if i needed the gypsey bc i dont have one. thank you