Every woman should feel like a queen for at LEAST one day out of the year and Mother's Day is a good excuse to make the women in your life feel special. "Queen for a Day" is my theme for my mother-in-law's Mother's Day card, but this would also make a really cute birthday card!
I have seen easel cards on a few different blogs, but most recently Nicole from Canadian Nickel Scrap'n posted one and I thought I should get out of my card rut and try something new. She has a really great video if you are interested in making one. Make sure to check out the rest of her blog too - she has lots of great ideas and tips.
- Card base cut at 4 x 8 - DCWV Jewel Cardstock Stack
- "Face" of card cut at 4 x4 - DCWV Jewel Cardstock
- Mat cut at 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
- Yellow Accent cut at 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 & embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots A2 embossing folder
- Pink and White Stripe Ribbon from The Ribbon Retreat
- Crown cut at 2" from Once Upon a Princess - attached using pop dots
- Mats (for the bottom portion of the card) at 1 3/4 x 3 3/4, 1 1/2 x 3 1/2 and 1 1/4 x 3 1/4 - I ran the dark pink and the yellow mats through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots A2 embossing folder
- "Queen 4 a Day" sentiment cut at 1 3/4 from Once Upon a Princess - attached using Pop Dots