Friday, May 14, 2010

Creative Card: Rainy Day


I worked on two cards this afternoon to close out "Princess Week."  Robyn at My Pink Stamper posted a color challenge this morning - use yellow, green and brown in a project.  It has been raining here most of the afternoon, so the little girl with her rain gear from Once Upon a Princess seemed appropriate. 

I tried printing out sentiments from my computer and then cutting little tags out using the "center point" and "fit to length" features on my Expression.  (I don't have a lot of punches, and now I see why it might be nice to have some for just this kind of thing.)  While not impossible, it did take me a few tries to get it right.  In fact, I messed up the "get well soon" and added a button to help cover up my mistake.  

Materials Used:
  • Easel Card (5" squared once assembled) - trimmed cardstock to 5 x 10 and scored at 5 and 7 1/2.  Trimmed another piece to 5" squared for the face of the card.  (Nicole from Canadian Nickel Scrap'n has a great easel card how-to video - check it out HERE.)
  • Mat cut at 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Accent mats cut at 2 x 4 1/2, 1 3/4 x 4 1/4 and 1 1/2 x 4 (Embossed the brown and yellow cardstock using the Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots A2 Folder)
  • Sentiment printed from my computer and cut out using the tag feature from pg. 39 of Once Upon a Princess ("Shawdowed" it by cutting the tag out again a 1/4" bigger than I cut the sentiment.)
  • Yellow 3/8 grosgrain ribbon - from The Ribbon Retreat
  • Little girl and her outfit cut at 4 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Easel Mats cut at 2 1/4 x 4 3/4, 2 x 4 1/2, 1 3/4 x 4 1/4 and 1 1/2 x 4 (Embossed the brown, yellow and green cardstock using the Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots A2 Folder)
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
I liked the card soo much that I decided to make a similar card with a different color scheme.





Materials Used:

  • For the card base - see above (exactly the same)
  • Mat cut at 4 3/4 by 4 3/4 - DCWV Citrus Stack
  • Accent Strip cut at 2 x 4 3/4 (Embossed using Cuttlebug and the Spots and Dots A2 Folder
  • Little girl and outfit cut at 4 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess (Raincoat is from DCWV Citrus Stack)
  • Sentiment printed from my computer and cut out using tag feature from pg. 60 of Once Upon a Princess ("shadowed" it by cutting it out again 1/4" bigger than the sentiment)
  • Easel Mats cut at 2 1/4 x 4 3/4 and 2 x 4 1/2 - DCWV Citrus Stack
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen

12 comments:

xosparklesxo said...

That is so stinkin' cute!!!

Shelley said...

Super-duper cute cards!!

jenblue said...

So cute - I HAVE to try an easel card now!

Tracy said...

This is so stink'n cute.

Scrapper69 said...

Love what you did with this card! the colors fit it so well! :)
(scrapper1969)

liz said...

both are just adorable! I'm getting ready to post mine too! great job on the challenge!

Scrappy Mel said...

Very cute card - she is so sweet! :)

Sheena said...

Cute Fun cards!!

Savahanna said...

Just found your blog and I am soo excited I did. You make some super cute things. Cannot wait to see what else you com up with
Savahanna

Cindy said...

Super cute card!! :)
Cindy

greenbean said...

these are quite possibly the cutest cards ever!...let me know if you need my addy!...lol...

zwin78 said...

Very cute! I like your style of cards. Come visit me anytime. I am pretty new at blogging but I am enjoying it a lot!