Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creative Cards: Graduation Cards for the Younger Set


Two little ladies in my life are graduating from pre-school and one is graduating from kindergarten over the next few days, and I decided that cards were definitely in order.  I always liked receiving cards in the mail as a little girl - heck, I love getting anything in the mail that isn't bill-related.  :)  All 3 of these cards took just a few minutes and I hope they will each bring a smile to the graduates' faces.  


Materials Used: 
  • Card base is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 (folded to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) - DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • Mat trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4 - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Accent - trimmed to 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 - embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots A2 Folder and inked with Color Box Liquid Chalk in maroon.
  • Ribbon - 3/8 Millenium Silver Zebra Stripe - The Ribbon Retreat
  • Zebra cut at 4" from Create a Critter - attached using pop dots
  • Stickles - lavender
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - Silver
  • I made a matching ponytail holder for my niece who will be heading off to kindergarten in the fall.    If you'd like to make one, check out my video HERE!


                                  

Materials Used:
  • Penguin's shadow cut at 4" from Create a Critter - welded two together using the Gypsy
  • Penguin cut at 4" from Create a Critter
  • Penguin stamp set from Studio G (I stamped "cool" on the inside of the card)
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Sky Blue and Cosmic Copper
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

Materials Used:
  • Butterfly's shadow cut at 4 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess - welded two together using the Gypsy
  • Butterfly cut at 4 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Stickles - lavender
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - tourmaline
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Thanks for looking!


4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great job! Will definitely put a smile on their faces!

liz said...

love that zebra! they're gonna love them too!

PeggyLovesVintage said...

I love all of them...but the butterfly is my favorite! Each one is precious and I'm sure they'll love them.

Scrappy Mel said...

They are adorable! I'm sure they will love them! :)