Thursday, May 13, 2010

Creative Craft: Tutu Hair Accessory


Here is a hair accessory that is fit for a princess! Not only can you make really cute hair accessories, but once you master this "technique" you can also make a sweet fairy wand for your local fairy princess.

As I note in the video, you can attach the "tutu" pouf to a ponytail elastic, a wrapped headband or even a ribbon lined clip!  If you are attaching the pouf to a lined clip or to the end of a fairy wand, you will want to use some hot glue.  Hot glue and tulle can be a bit tricky, so please take care as to not burn yourself.


5 comments:

Tracy said...

These are so cute.
I did a tutorial on how to make a tule tutu. My daughters are alot older then your little cutie, but they wanted them for a photo shootl

Dawn said...

I have lots of errands to run today, and conviniently, I have to pass Joannes, which means... I shoukld have photos of my copycat of this later!!! I love your hair accesories, and all that you do lady!

Hannah said...

Love that hair accessories! I would probably make one for my little princess. Thanks for sharing that video tutorial! :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! Your directions were easy to follow, as was making the pouf. Perfect for ballet class =]

Anonymous said...

I have just come across your blog and I LOVE it, I am going to attempt to follow your tutorial to make 20+ wands for my daughters party in June