Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Inch by Inch"

This is one of those layouts that was supposed to be really simple and take next to no time...and then it became a battle between me and the layout to salvage it somehow.  I started out thinking that I wouldn't do any "doodling" or "stitching" or inking of any edges because I've done that in almost every project for the last two weeks, but all the cuts looked so flat and I didn't have the right color glitter (shocking) to just glitter everything, which was my initial thought.  Oh well, in the end it turned out alright, but seriously does it ever bug you when something takes FOREVER, but it doesn't really look like it took forever?

The patterned paper that I used in this layout is from Martha Stewart, which is manufactured by EK Success.  I have a few thoughts...it an adorable paper pack - really bright colors and modern youthful designs, but all of the pages are perforated at the top.  I also bought a coordinating 6 x 12 border pack (the little navy strips with numbers are an example of the borders.) and again - they are all perforated, so then you are left with jagged edges.  I tried to run my nail over them to kind of smooth them out a bit, but I am still not 100% happy with them.  Do any of you have any suggestions?



Materials Used:

  • 12 x 12 bases from DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • Ric-rac glittered paper trimmed to 4 1/4 x 12 & 3 1/2 x 12 - Martha Stewart
  • (2) borders from Martha Stewart 6 x 12 border pack
  • Photo Mats - (2) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2, (2) 4 1/4 x 6 1/4, (2) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 & (2) 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • "INCH" from Once Upon a Princess (Used the gypsy to weld)
  • "by" from Plantin Schoolbook (Used the gypsy to skew the letters and weld)
  • "inch" from Cursive 101 (Used the gypsy to weld)
  • (2) caterpillars cut at 2" from Walk in My Garden (I cut the top layer out twice, so I could create my own layers) - attached using pop-dots
  • (16) hearts cut  at 1 3/4" from George and Basic Shapes - attached using pop-dots (I used my gel pen to draw the "string" between my heart pennants)
  • Circles cut at 2 3/4 and 3" from George and Basic Shapes
  • Tsukineko pigment inks - cosmic copper & sky blue
  • Color Box Fluid Chalk - rouge
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

Your little caterpiller is sooo cute! What a great layout! :)

Stacy said...

Regardless of how much time it took its still lovely!