Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: Once Upon a Time


For my first Mother's Day themed scrapbook layout, I chose to use my Storybook cartridge exclusively to show that you don't have to have a million cartridges sometimes a few great ones are better!  I chose to use lots of scalloped circles to play off the chrysanthemums on the Flower Shower Accent Paper.  I will be adding pictures of my mom reading to my daughter to this layout, but with a quick title change this could be a great layout for any feminine or springy pictures.

Materials Used:

  • 12x12 Base from DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • 10x10 Accent Paper - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Photo Mats cut at 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 - Bazzill Basics Open Stock in Bouquet
  • Scallop border (3) cut at 2 1/4 and welded using my Gypsy - but you could just as easily cut 3 and put them together
  • Scalloped Circles cut at 2.37" and 3" - attached using Pop Dots
  • "Once Upon a Time" cut at 3" - attached using Pop Dots
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk in Dark Peony
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen in White
  • Ice Blue Satin Ribbon (from my scraps)
  • Purple Jewel - K&Co. 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thanks for popping in and leaving a comment on our debut challenge! I hope you play along. Those Digi's are a great prize! BTW, love the layout!