Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Almost Perfect"


I worked on this two-page layout on Mother's Day during my daughter's nap and while scrolling through my pictures trying to decide on which ones to scrapbook, I was reminded of how quickly the time passes.  I saw a quote from someone once describing parenthood, and I wish I could remember who said it, but I can't..."The days are long, but the years are short."  Where did the time go?  How is possible that she is two?  This is why I should have started scrapbooking when she was a baby...it would have been easier to scrap pictures of my 4 mo. old when she was closer to 4 mos. old.


Sigh...

Materials Used:

Page One:

  • Green Polka Dot Paper trimmed to 3 3/4 x 8 1/4
  • Floral Paper trimmed to 3 3/4 x 12
  • Photo Mat cut at 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 from George and Basic Shapes
  • Journaling mats trimmed to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4, 3 1/4 x 4 1/2, 3 x 4 1/4, and 2 3/4 x 4
  • "Almost Perfect" cut at 4 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess 
  • Castle cut at 2 3/4" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Flower cut at 1 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Crowns (from the frog prince found on p. 45 - use shift layer 1) cut at 5 1/2


Page 2:
  • Green Polka Dot paper trimmed to 3 3/4 x 6 1/2
  • Floral Paper trimmed to 5 1/2 x 12
  • Photo Mats (2) 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 cut from George and Basic Shapes
  • Frog Prince cut at 3 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Flowers (2) cut at 1 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

So cute! I love the colors you chose!

liz said...

You've inspired me to take a break from card making and get caught up on scrapbooking! thanks for sharing!
liz

Tracy said...

I totally agree with scrapbooking when they were younger. My daughters are 20, 19 and 15. I have to go w a y back LOL.
Love your style.
I am following now and hope to learn some cricut tips from you.
I have had the tiny one since it first came out, but haven't used it to its full potental. Hubby got me the Expression for mother's day, so hoping to really get into it now.
Wow this is long LOL.

Lauren B. said...

Thank you Carolyn and Liz!

Tracy - seriously, I probably spend as much time looking through pictures and reminiscing as I do actually scrapbooking. It's so hard. You will LOVE your Expression! Thanks for "following"!