Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Garden Trellis"


On Fantabulous Cricut over the weekend, they posted a tip about creating your own paper lace.  I've been meaning to try this ever since I got my Expression and seeing their post jogged my memory.  I actually created a more intricate design using my Gypsy and the Storybook cartridge, but I think it may have freaked my Gypsy out a bit...it took 5 minutes (seriously) for it to "weld."  If I am brave enough to open the file again, I will try and do another layout using that design.

This "paper lace" is actually part of the argyle card from Wild Card.  Using my Gypsy, I turned the "aspect ratio link" off and used the "true size" button to stretch the image to 4 x 12 (not really 12, but as close as I could get without using my 12x24 mat).  I also used the Walk in My Garden cartridge (see...I really am trying to use my more neglected carts this week) to cut the hydrangeas and the flower pot.  The  hydrangeas are beautiful, but holy cow - it took close to 10 minutes to cut out the hydrangeas and the flower pot.  It's a good thing that I just changed my blade, so it was extra sharp to handle the teeny cuts.

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base - DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • Photo mats trimmed to 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 & 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • "trellis" cut at 4" x 12" from Wild Card
  • trellis background - trimmed to fit (funny size because the trellis wasn't exactly 4 x 12) - embossed using my Cuttlebug and the Swiss Dots A2 Folder
  • hydrangeas cut at 3 3/4" from Walk in My Garden
  • flower pot cut at 2.58" from Walk in My Garden
  • "Spring" cut at 2.58" from Gypsy Wanderings 
  • "tag" cut at 3 1/4" from Gypsy Wanderings
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean & Pearlescent Ivy
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - Rouge & Warm red

3 comments:

liz said...

really nice! you're getting to be a pro at this!

liz :o)

Dawn said...

So cute! I'm not sure I can make it work without a gypsy or design studio, but I may try the fit to length button and see if I can scraplift this during naptime, which totally can't come soon enough today! lol

Lori (THCEO) said...

Oh I love this! Great job using this element and I'm so happy you left your link for us to check it out!

Lori :)
FCCB DT