Monday, May 24, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Up"


As I mentioned in the post earlier, I may be behind the curve a little with this Up layout, but right now Up is big in my house.  It's funny and heartbreaking at the same time...I've probably seen it 10 times and I still cry EVERY time...EVERY time.

I'm not sure about the clouds...they may end up going once I add pictures.  What do you think?  Maybe it's the embossing that I'm not crazy about.  Hmmm...

Materials Used:

  • 12 x 12 base - DCWV Jewel Cardstock Stack
  • 4 x 12 patterned paper - ki memories Toy Box (I LOVE this paper - soo many cute designs, you may be seeing a lot of this.)
  • "dream" title and its shadow cut at 1 1/2" from Paisley
  • Clouds cut at 2" from Create a Critter - embossed with D'vine Swirls (I also inked them to make them silver lined clouds...I know - cheesy, but it made me laugh)
  • Balloons (25 in all) cut at 2 1/4" from Create a Critter (Don't have Create a Critter?  George and Basic Shapes has an almost identical balloon.)  They are all attached with pop-dots.
  • House cut at 4 1/2" from Winter Woodland
  • Tsukineko Pigment Inks - Sky Blue, Pearlescent Ivy, Galaxy Gold & Platinum Planet
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - warm red
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white


6 comments:

liz said...

I think it's super cute! leave the clouds even if the pic's cover them alittle. I like the look of things being interupted.
liz:o)

Carolyn said...

I think once you add the pics it'll all come together even the embossing. Looks great!

Stacy said...

So cute - LOVE the balloons!

Savahanna said...

This page is cute. I like the clouds. And I cry every time I watch that movie too

PamalaB said...

I love the clouds:) This is a nice page... I wouldnt have thought to use the embosing on the clouds but I love it:)

GreenScrap said...

I love that page and I always laugh and cry too. I love that movie and your page!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/