Sunday, May 2, 2010

National Scrapbook Day: MPS Challenge #12

 
For the last challenge, Robyn of My Pink Stamper chose "Critter-licious" for the theme.  This was a pretty straightforward challenge - use an animal or critter in your project.  Not a hard task for me since Create a Critter is one of my most favorite cartridges.  I'm disappointed with how the picture turned out - it's kind of dark in the craft room without the benefit of natural light.  I went over the raccoon with a bit of Tsukineko Pearlescent Sky Blue pigment ink and the flash from the camera made him look like he is dirty, but it's just the weird reflection.
 
I chose "Sneaky" for the title because not only are raccoons known for being a little sneaky, but my little one has always been a bit mischievous.  My daughter was a preemie, but only in the sense that she was teeny (4lbs. 8oz).  Other than her small size, we have been blessed with a very healthy little girl.  One morning when she was about 2 months old, she had not only un-swaddled herself, but she somehow managed to wriggle out of her pants.  So there was this teeny tiny 6 lb. baby in just her diaper and top.  She was sooo pleased with herself.  This kind of strong-willed mischievous behavior continues at age 2 - I just tell myself that one day it will serve her well. 
 
Materials Used:

No comments: