Whew! I'm trying to catch up with the challenges...hopefully I will gain some ground from here on out, but maybe not. Oh well, this is supposed to be fun; right? Right! The third challenge's theme is "Thinking Outside the Box," from Rowena.
Since I'm already behind, I might as well tell you my inspiration for this layout. When I was little, my Jama (my grandma) sent me a postcard from Spain with a little dancer on the front. The dancer's dress was made out of tulle and fabric - I loved it. I still have it and if I wasn't so behind I would post a picture of it...maybe I will update this post later with a picture.
- 12x12 base - DCWV Jewel Cardstock Stack
- 3 1/2x12 accent - DCWV Sweet Stack
- 4 1/4x6 1/4 Photo Mat - DCWV Sweet Stack
- "Tutu" from Once Upon a Princess and welded using the Gypsy
- "Cute" from Cursive 101 and welded using the Gypsy
- Dancer cut at 4 1/4" from Once Upon a Princess attached with Pop Dots
- Tag cut at 3" from Once Upon a Princess
- Ribbon - Dots, Dashes and Checks from Michael's
- Pink Tulle Tutu - from my scraps (I just tied 2" lengths to a length of tulle until I got the desired length. I then trimmed the ends of the tutu and attached it using "red tape")
- Pink Jewels from K&Co.
- Martha Stewart Glitter Glue Pen - Tourmaline
- Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean