Saturday, May 1, 2010

National Scrapbook Day: MPS Challenge #3


Whew!  I'm trying to catch up with the challenges...hopefully I will gain some ground from here on out, but maybe not.  Oh well, this is supposed to be fun; right?  Right!  The third challenge's theme is "Thinking Outside the Box," from Rowena

Since I'm already behind, I might as well tell you my inspiration for this layout.  When I was little, my Jama (my grandma) sent me a postcard from Spain with a little dancer on the front.  The dancer's dress was made out of tulle and fabric - I loved it.  I still have it and if I wasn't so behind I would post a picture of it...maybe I will update this post later with a picture. 

Materials Used:
  • 4 1/2 x 12 accent - DCWV Jewel Cardstock Stack - embossed using Cuttlebug's Victoria A2 Embossing Folder
  •  3 1/2x12 accent - DCWV Sweet Stack
  • 4 1/4x6 1/4 Photo Mat - DCWV Sweet Stack
  • "Tutu" from Once Upon a Princess and welded using the Gypsy
  • "Cute" from Cursive 101 and welded using the Gypsy
  • Dancer cut at 4 1/4" from Once Upon a Princess attached with Pop Dots
  • Tag cut at 3" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Ribbon - Dots, Dashes and Checks from Michael's
  • Pink Tulle Tutu - from my scraps (I just tied 2" lengths to a length of tulle until I got the desired length.  I then trimmed the ends of the tutu and attached it using "red tape")
  • Pink Jewels from K&Co.
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue Pen - Tourmaline
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean

No comments: