Sunday, May 2, 2010

National Scrapbook Day: MPS Challenge #9


Emma from My Creative Time came up with the 9th challenge for National Scrapbook Day, "Take Shape."  The challenge is to make a shaped card, shaped scrapbook page, or shaped project.  Emma always makes the cutest shape cards using her Gypsy, so in honor of Emma - I thought I would try to make my own shaped card.  The little fish and its fish bowl from Create a Critter have been used on a lot of different blogs, but I haven't seen a "shaped" card version. 

Materials Used:
  • "Fish bowl" cut at 3.75" from Create a Critter and welded using the Gypsy - DCWV Jewel Cardstock
  • "Water, sand and plant" cut at 3.75" from Create a Critter
  • "Fish" cut at 1.75" from Create a Critter - attached with Pop Dots
  • "hi" from My Pink Stamper Simply Sweet Occasions Set
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue Pens in Tourmaline and Kunzite
  • Stickles in Baby Blue
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink in Sky Blue

4 comments:

Bunny Vance said...

So cute!

Janis said...

I saw your fish bowl card on MPS challenge #9 and had to stop by and tell you this looks great! I don't have a Gypsy, but it's cool you can manipulate the images to make shaped cards with them. Also - love the paper you chose for the fishy! GREAT card!! Janis

Raechel said...

This is an adorable card! I am going to have to try to make one I love it! TFS ~Raechel

Lauren B. said...

Thanks for your sweet comments! I had a lot of fun trying this out. I have been trying to think of other cuts that might work. :)