Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Creative Card: Paper Doll Dress Up Set

This project started with the "Bee's Knees" card - I made it last Friday and I liked it so much that I decided to make an entire set of cards with "paper dolls" dressed up as animals.  Hope you like them!  By the way...this may end up being my longest post EVER because I wanted to include pictures and video.  


Here's Part 1 of the Video How-to: (I couldn't manage to get it down to just 10 minutes)



Ok...on to Part 2 - are you still with me??? :)




Materials Used:

  • Card Base - two tags welded using the Gypsy and cut at 4.82" from Gypsy Wanderings
  • Card Front - tag cut at 4.82 from Gypsy Wanderings (added 2 circles from George and Basic Shapes sized at .27")
  • Dolls and outfits cut at 4" from Paper Doll Dress Up - attached with 3D Foam Squares
    • Bee - I added the wings from Create a Critter they're sized at 6" (every bee needs wings)
    • Dalmation - I added the polka dots by using George and Basic Shapes and then cut the outfit out once in white with polka dots and once in black without the polka dots
  • Scalloped Ovals from Storybook 
  • Sentiments from Scrappy Mom's Amusing Animals Set
  • Patterned paper from Martha Stewart - 12 x 12 paper pad & 6 x 12 border set
  • 3/8 Ribbon - Swiss Dot Grosgrain from The Ribbon Retreat & Saddle Stitch from Michaels
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Cosmic Copper and Coffee Bean
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

Momo from Made by Momo posted a very cute card-set using Create a Critter - check it out HERE!


8 comments:

Cristi said...

Those have to be the cutest cards every!!!!!!!! I might just have to get those stamps now. :)

Lula said...

I absolutely love your creations! I am a stay at home mom to a 2 year old son also, and expecting my second baby next week. How do you have time to do your cards and layouts? Any advice would help!

lula1206@yahoo.com

Savahanna said...

These have got to be the cutest cards ever. I cannot believe how cute they turned out. I may have to use your idea as a gift set for a friend. As always I LOVE your work

Scrappy Mel said...

OMGosh, I just saw these now.... SO STINKIN' CUTE!! What a creative idea - I love them! :)

Scrappy Mel said...

I just had a chance to sit down and watch the video and I wanted to give you a little hint about stamping... :)

After you ink your stamp and right before you actually stamp, "huff" on it - like your making the "hahaha" sound. The moisture in your breath helps the ink stay moist so you get a more vivid stamp.

I learned this hint from HGTV of all places (LOL) and I use it almost everytime I stamp any image.

Have a great evening!

joeygirl86 said...

OMGosh! These are sooo stinkin' cute! I'm loving all your cards lately! You're so creative! Awesome job!...I might have to 'lift a few of these..lol ;p

Mari AKA Momo said...

Ok this may be the cutest set EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously! I LOVE IT! Stinkin adorable!!! XOXO Momo

Carol said...

So cute!