Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Creative Card: Purse Gift Card Holder


I actually started out making a completely different card today.  I was planning on making this purse from Paisley into a shaped card using the shadow feature.  I even cut all the pieces out and assembled it, but I wasn't that jazzed about it.  Looking at the purse gave me another idea - instead of just putting a gift card inside the folded card - why not make a gift card holder?  This turned out much cuter than the original and I think it may end up being my go-to "girly" gift card holder for the time being.



This is how I applied the "red" tape to the front of the purse to make a pocket for the card.

Materials Used:
  • Purse cut at 5 1/4 from Paisley (Used the hide contour feature on the Gypsy to hide the apple that goes on the front of the purse.)
  • Tag is from Accent Essentials, but I'm not sure of the dimensions - it was from my unused die cuts drawer
  • Patterned Paper - Martha Stewart 12x12 Stack (no name...it was on clearance at Michael's a few weeks ago, so it may be kind of old.)
  • Terrifically Tacky Tape
  • 3/8 Satin Ribbon - Celebrate It from Michael's (no color listed)
  • Ribbon Punch from The Paper Studio (from Hobby Lobby)
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

4 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

So sweet - I love the ribbon & bow around the bottom! I made one similar to this for another challage and I love it too! The purses from Cricut are so cute!

liz said...

really cute idea for the gift card! btw the Target paper is from last year...sorry :(
liz

sha my heart said...

It so nice..

TQ dear :)

Gift Card envelopes said...

it's really cute idea for gift card..thanks for sharing it with us.