Friday, June 4, 2010

Creative Card: Throwback Thursday Challenge

Emma from My Creative Time is hosting her first challenge - "Throwback Thursday."  Emma will be spotlighting an older cartridge each Thursday and creating a new project with it.  This is perfect for me because as you may remember, I am trying to refrain from buying ANY new Cricut cartridges until my birthday in August - AUGUST (whew, that seems like a long time away).  This week Emma chose Animal Kingdom, but even if you don't have Animal Kingdom (I don't) - you can still play along. Just design a project featuring an animal - snails are animals too, right???  If you would like to play along, check out all of the details HERE!

Materials Used:

  • Snail shadow cut at 3" from Walk in My Garden (Welded two together to make a shape card.)
  • Snail cut three times at 3" from Walk in My Garden 
    • Dark Pink - for the base
    • Green to create separate layers for the head and tail - embossed using Swiss Dots A2 Folder (I also added a circle from George and Basic Shapes to give the snail a eye)
    • White - for the inside of the card
  • Snail's shell cut at 3" from Walk in My Garden - embossed using D'Vine Swirls A2 Folder
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Pearlescent Ivy
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - Rouge
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Paper Flower - $1 section at Target 
  • Pink Jewel - K & Company
Hope you have a GREAT weekend!
See you back here on Monday!

6 comments:

My Creative Time said...

I LOVE YOUR SNAIL CARD!! Yes, I think snails are animals also!!;)
Thanks for joining my & my 1st throwback Thursday Challenge~!
Big Hugs,
Emma;)

Dawn said...

Very cute Lauren!! Love it!

Lori said...

sUPER CuTE! I hop'd over from Emma's - enjoyed my visit :o)

Lori
thepaisleyturtle.blogspot.com

Mari AKA Momo said...

This is stinkin adorable!!! I do believe snails are animals! LOL :o)

www.madebymomo.blogspot.com

Lauren B. said...

Have lost ALL my comments...all of the comments that I've ever received. Not a good day Blogger!

joeygirl86 said...

LOVe your snail card! SOo cute and great job on the doodling!