Friday, June 11, 2010

Creative Card: Throwback Thursday Challenge #2


It's that time again - Emma from My Creative Time is having another Throwback Thursday challenge.  The challenge this week is to use Stretch Your Imagination and/or to use red, brown and blue in a project.  The clothesline and swimsuits (yeah...I think it's supposed to be lingerie and boxer shorts, but for my purposes - it's a tankini and swim trunks.) are from Sweethearts.  
If you want to join in the challenge, you have until midnight on Sunday to enter!

Materials Used:
  • 4 x 4 easel card (4x8 cardstock scored at 2" and 4" + square of 4 x 4")
  • Mats for the front of the card: 
    • 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 (embossed with Cuttlebug's D'vine Swirl A2 Folder)
    • 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 - K and Company "citronella" mat stack
    • 1 3/4 x 3 1/4 - K and Company "citronella" mat stack
  • Mats for the bottom of the card:
    • 2 x 3 3/4 (embossed with Cuttlebug's D'vine Swirl A2 Folder)
    • 1 3/4 x 3 1/2
    • 1 1/2 x 3 1/4
    • 3/4 x 3 1/4
  • Clothesline cut at 2.35" from Sweethearts (I originally designed this for a standard A2 sized card, but changed my mind after I'd already cut out the clothesline, etc... - so I trimmed the line to fit and attached the bow to the ends)
  • "Swimsuits" cut at 2.35" fro Sweethearts - attached with pop dots and then I glued the clothespins to the tops of each piece
  • "Just dropping you a Line" - Scrappy Moms Amusing Animals Stamp Set
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Cosmic Copper and Coffee Bean, Moonlight White
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - maroon (for the red cardstock's edges)
  • 3/8" grosgrain ribbon - Misty Turquoise 
  • Red buttons & embroidery thread - from my stash - attached with glue dots
  • Turquoise jewel - K and Company
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Thank you for taking a look!


11 comments:

scrappy critters said...

I LOVE this easel card! Absolutely adorable!! Thanks again for making yet another one. I hope you get hours of enjoyment out of this set!

Jannie said...

It is so great to see how creative minds work! I love your card! It is gorgious and makes me wanna long for the summer! I think it is in a traffic jam...rainy weather over here!

greetz
Jannie
The Netherlands

Janis said...

I wish I had those cuts! That is the cutest card - and love that sentiment! How perfect! The little jewel on the tank top is perfect! :) Janis

Scrappy Mel said...

That is so awesome!!! I can't believe you both did the same concept on the same day - LOL! I LOVE IT!

Mari AKA Momo said...

This is absolutely adorable! XOXO Momo

www.madebymomo.blogspot.com

Carolyn said...

Fantabulous!! :)

My Creative Time said...

Hi Lauren, this came out ADORABLE!! I LOVE EVERYTHING about it! Thanks soooo much for joining another throwback Thursday!
Big hugs,
Emma;)

My Quilling Nest said...

Lovely Card!

Melissa said...

This is so cute!!!

Melissa

joeygirl86 said...

ADORABlE! I love the 'tankini'! soo cute!

jen said...

is this a flash-forward to your summer vacation? so cute!