Monday, June 21, 2010

Creative Craft: Covered Wipe Box


No paper crafting today...This project was so fun that I decided that I needed to share it!  All together it  took less than 45 minutes to complete from start to finish!  I have seen similar wipe cases in children's boutiques for as much as $30.00 and rest assured...it costs a whole lot less to make.  Even if you don't have little ones around, a cute wipe case like this would be great to have in your tote bag, car or even your crafting space.

Hope you like it!  


Materials Used:
  • Travel Wipe Case (I'm using a Huggies case)
  • Fabric (approximately 12" squared)
  • Quilting batting
  • Trim (approximately 4 feet) 5/8" or 3/8" - I prefer the 5/8" braided trim
  • Hot glue (I went through 3 glue sticks, so make sure that you have enough on hand)
  • Fabric Scissors

6 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute! You are CREATIVE! :) Thanks for sharing.

scrappy critters said...

I soo need one of these for Disneyland! Maybe Mel and I will venture out and make one soon.. Thanks for sharing, you make it look so easy!♥ Tammy

Carolyn said...

Such a cute idea! TFS! :) Great job!

the purple muse said...

Perfect! I'll be making one right away:-)

Dawn said...

So cute Lauren!We are out of diapers now, but I still find myself needing wipes all the time for various things. I may have to make one of these! I'll be going out and about later, and will pick up the stuff to make one tonight! I'll show it to you later :-) Yay!

Amanda said...

Sooo glad I found your blog! I LOVE THIS IDEA! I've looked at my wipes container and thought how boring it is.. lol (only a trendy mom haha) Im going to have to try this!