Thursday, June 3, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: Busy Bee


My love of glitter was merged with my new found love of "doodling" (the little white dots) in this two page scrapbook layout.  It came together pretty fast once I chose the colors and papers.  If you are new to the blog, I started scrapbooking in April (the same time that I started the blog) and I have LOTS and LOTS of pictures to scrap.  So far I am really enjoying scrapbooking - in fact, lately I tend to prefer to work on scrapbook layouts versus cards.  (I thought you might want a break from the Sweethearts projects, although I am working on a few more ideas using Sweethearts, and then I promise to take a break!)

Materials Used:

  • (2) 12 x 12 bases 
  • Beehive cut at 8" from Create a Critter (I just trimmed it in half using my paper trimmer.  I also didn't include the base layer - I had cut it out, but I didn't like the way it looked with my color choices.)
  • Accent paper trimmed to 3 x 9 1/4 - Martha Stewart 12x12 Stack (sorry, no name)
  • Photo Mats trimmed to (2) 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 & 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 & (1) 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 & 4 x 4
  • "busy" cut at 2 3/4" from Cursive 101 (welded using the Gypsy) - embossed using Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots A2 folder
  • "bee" cut at 2 3/4" from Winter Woodland (used the font's shadow feature and welded using the Gypsy)
  • (2) bees cut at 4" and (2) bees cut at 3 1/2" from Create a Critter
  • Stickles - blue
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - tourmaline (cheeks)
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - white

3 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute!! I love that little bee, he's adorable! :)

Rachael said...

Oh that's just adorable,love ur layout!! I need to do some scrapbooking too. I have so many photos waiting to be scraped but I have been too slack. :)

Melissa said...

This is just so cute!

Melissa