There was absolutely no crafting accomplished at my house over the weekend. For the past two to three weeks someone has been sick in my house. Finally last week, I finally got sick too. I spent the weekend resting and trying to get better QUICKLY! I'm definitely on the mend, and I am trying to catch up on housework, etc...that has fallen to the wayside while I've been playing nurse. I did manage to sneak in a little scrapbooking on Thursday before I got sick. I think this is one of those layouts that will be much improved with the addition of pictures - in this case pictures of my daughter painting. Quick note - there was a LOT of glitter used in this project. It seemed like a good way to tie the plain cardstock to the patterned paper and I think it was, but I started to realize very quickly that it was also going to be a little time consuming and also slightly crazy to glitter each little embossed circle.
- 12 x 12 base - DCWV Jewel Cardstock
- (2) scalloped circles cut at 8 1/2" from Winter Woodland (p. 32) - ki Memories "Toy Box"
- "Create"cut at 3" using the font from Winter Woodland - I created my own "word art" using the shadow font feature and my Gypsy. I then cut out the regular letters (minus the little cut-out details per the "hide contour feature).
- (5) butterflies cut at 2" from Once Upon a Princess (I used the hide contour feature)
- Spots and Dots Cuttlebug A2 Embossing folder - "create" and the butterflies
- Stickes - frosted lace (the butterfly's body)
- Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - garnet, tourmaline, turquoise, and fire opal
p.s. Another quick note - when I link to products on other sites, it is simply a way to let you know the exact paper or material that I am using. It is in no way an endorsement of the store - I just know that I always appreciate it when a fellow crafters share what materials they use.
Thanks for looking!