Monday, June 7, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Create"




There was absolutely no crafting accomplished at my house over the weekend.  For the past two to three weeks someone has been sick in my house.  Finally last week, I finally got sick too.  I spent the weekend resting and trying to get better QUICKLY!  I'm definitely on the mend, and I am trying to catch up on housework, etc...that has fallen to the wayside while I've been playing nurse.  I did manage to sneak in a little scrapbooking on Thursday before I got sick.  I think this is one of those layouts that will be much improved with the addition of pictures - in this case pictures of my daughter painting.  Quick note - there was a LOT of glitter used in this project.  It seemed like a good way to tie the plain cardstock to the patterned paper and I think it was, but I started to realize very quickly that it was also going to be a little time consuming and also slightly crazy to glitter each little embossed circle.  

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base - DCWV Jewel Cardstock
  • (2) scalloped circles cut at 8 1/2" from Winter Woodland (p. 32) - ki Memories "Toy Box" 
  • "Create"cut at 3" using the font from Winter Woodland - I created my own "word art" using the shadow font feature and my Gypsy.  I then cut out the regular letters (minus the little cut-out details per the "hide contour feature). 
  • (5) butterflies cut at 2" from Once Upon a Princess (I used the hide contour feature)
  • Spots and Dots Cuttlebug A2 Embossing folder - "create" and the butterflies
  • Stickes - frosted lace (the butterfly's body)
  • Martha Stewart Glitter Glue - garnet, tourmaline, turquoise, and fire opal
p.s. Another quick note - when I link to products on other sites, it is simply a way to let you know the exact paper or material that I am using.  It is in no way an endorsement of the store - I just know that I always appreciate it when a fellow crafters share what materials they use.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Dawnica said...

Aloha Lauren,
I just love all your projects. You always have something new and fresh up too. I love your style.
I just realized that I have your button on my blog, but I was not a follower. Anyway, check out my blog at http://dawnicakorner.blogspot.com, become a friend if you enjoy.

Scrappy Mel said...

Your layouts are awesome!! My problem is I can't seem to make a layout without having the pictures already. :( That limits my creativity somewhat. LOL

liz said...

I love the bright colors! one of my friends was cropping with a fever and went sticker crazy. whenever she sees that page, she says, blame it on the fever! you must have a had a fever to think of glittering each circle! ;o)

Stacy said...

LOVE all the colors in this layout!! Excellent job!