Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Me at 2!"


This layout came together in record time and since I am still trying to catch up after being sick last week, this is a very good thing.  Plus, after losing ALL of the comments on the blog yesterday - I have been in a bit of a funk.  (I know...I know...in the grand scheme of things if that was the worst thing to happen to me yesterday things are pretty good - see I'm moving past it.)

I was inspired by a layout that Donna Mundinger designed for Everyday Cricut a few weeks ago.  (You can check out my inspiration page HERE) She used Graphically Speaking to do a similar border, since I don't have that cartridge I used the Gypsy and a few different fonts to design the "two" border.  Once I designed the border, I used some paper from the DCWV Flower Shower Stack and that inspired the rest of the images and colors.


Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 Base - DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • 8 1/2 x 11 Accent - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Photo Mats trimmed to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 & 4 1/4 x 6 1/4
  • Journaling space was cut out of one of the pages from DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Mushrooms cut at 3" and (2) at 2" from Create a Critter (I left out the "face" layer)
  • Birds cut at 1" from Gypsy Font
  • Tsukineko Pigment Inks - Coffee Bean, Cosmic Copper and Pearlescent Ivy
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - Dark Peony
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen (for the birds' eyes)
  • Cuttlebug Swiss Dots A2 Folder - mushroom stems (I accidentally embossed the wrong side on two of the mushrooms, but I just left it alone)


2 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

I love the word "cloud" - how creative!! I will have to give this technique a try. :)

joeygirl86 said...

OMG this is the cutest layout I've seen in awhile! I love the mushrooms, I might have to 'lift this, it's really cute! :)