Monday, June 28, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: Oh Happy Day



This layout turned out a bit too pink (who even knew that was possible).  Oh well...sometimes that happens.  There is a whole lot of doodling and "stitching;" I thought it might help take away from how pink it turned out.  (Not so sure about that...this is definitely a layout that will benefit from some pictures.)  It's kind of fitting that I am not 100% happy with this layout because it's actually for some pictures of a zoo trip that didn't quite turn out like I had hoped.  Nicole and I went to the zoo last month and instead of wanting to look at the amazing animals (baby orangoutangs playing, elephants bathing and lions lounging), she wanted to see cows and ducks.  (COWS AND DUCKS???  We probably could have found some cows and ducks locally without trekking to the zoo.)  The climax of our outing was a temper tantrum on the train.  We never even got to ride the train because someone "couldn't want to ride trains." Evidently two year olds are not among the most reasonable of beings.  I tell myself (almost daily) that one day her stubbornness will pay off - it's just hard on me right now.  :)

This was the response I got to "Can you smile for Mommy?"

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base - DCWV Textured Cardstock Stack
  • Accent Paper - trimmed to 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 - ki Memories - "Toy Box"
  • Accent Paper - trimmed to 4 x 12 - ki Memories - "Toy Box"
  • Photo Mats - (triple matted) for 4 1/4 x 4 1/4" photo & two 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" photos
  • "Oh Happy Day" cut at 5" from Wild Card
  • Sun cut at 5" from Create a Critter
  • Train cut at 3" from  Create a Critter - attached with 3D Foam Squares
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
  • Turquoise Brads - $1 section at Joann's

7 comments:

liz said...

sooo cute!

Savahanna said...

Very cute. This layout would be perfect for my daughter since she is OBSESSED with pink. She wouldn't even step out of the shower the other day since the towel I had for her was not pink. Aw two year olds. Love your layout.

Rachael said...

Your story brought a smile to my face :) kids hey, i have 3 and they get more stubborn the older they get.
Your layout is cute,no not too pink.

Scrappy Mel said...

I don't think it's too pink! :)

I can totally sympathize with you - I have a very stubborn 5 yr old and an opinionated 2 yr old. ;D

Carolyn said...

So cute!! Love the train!!

ScrappingStephanie said...

I think this layout is perfect. Not too pink at all! My daughter is two and I can't believe how stubborn and independent she is. I can't even hold her hand to assist her down a flight of steps...if I attempt to she pulls it away from me and say NO mommy that is MY hand! I really can't help but laugh, but I pray for patience everyday too!!!:) TFS this amazing LO!

Stephanie

http://stephanieandthebug.blogspot.com

vv said...

Lauren...thank you SO much for doing a good old fashioned 12x12!!! (jumpin up and down) I still do paper 12x12's and so many have gotten into cards it seems so whenever I pass by a gorgeous 12x12 I have to comment and leave a thank you - this one also happens to be GORGEOUS! And something I can scraplift a bit...my grandson lovesss his trains - thanks again