Friday, June 25, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: Home Sweet Home


Sorry that I've been absent for most of the week...I kind of lost my creative spirit this week, but I'm trying to get it back.  I started by cleaning up the craft room - I'm hoping by de-cluttering my craft space that I will de-clutter my head.  

This is my entry for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge.  The challenge this week is to create a scrapbook layout using Doodlecharms or any other older cartridge.  I don't have Doodlecharms, so I decided to use Sweethearts.  If you want to enter the challenge, you have until Sunday at midnight.  For more details check it out - HERE!

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base - Bazill Basics "Bouquet"
  • "grass" 2 1/2 x 12" 
  • accent strip trimmed to 2 3/4 x 12 
  • Photo Mats - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • "home sweet home" cut at 2.13" from Winter Woodland font
  • House cut at 5" from Sweethearts
  • Tree cut at 4.44" from Sweethearts
  • Cat cut at 2.05" from Sweethearts
  • Patterned Paper from - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • grass and striped paper scalloped using Martha Stewart Rotary cutter


Quick note about the site...if you have tried to use the "pages" (top left) to see my older projects and have noticed that the links were broken - they have ALL been fixed.  Unfortunately, the related post widget is broken, so I have taken it off for now. 


12 comments:

My Creative Time said...

awwwh Lauren, this came out SOOOOO SUPER SWEET!! I just LOVE how you put it together & the colors are just PERFECT my friend! Thank you so much for playing along this week for another throwback Thursday challenge!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Sandra said...

Lauren, super cute! I love the way this one came out! I own this cart too and it's so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Sandra :)

Tammie said...

Love your layout Lauren! Very cute - colors are great!

DREAMS CARDS said...

Hi Lauren
Your layout is so beautiful.
I have this cartridge and you give me some ideas.
Thanks for the inspiration.

You're invited to visit my blog and sign up to my follower
http://www.dreamscardsbypatty.blogspot.com/

Scrappy Mel said...

So sweet - once again, great job!

I love how you did the title - very creative. :)

{{ HUGS }}

Scrappy Chic said...

Your layout is adorable! I love the demension.

BeeBeebabs said...

Very nice layout tfs

joeygirl86 said...

Super cute LO! Love it! ;)

liz said...

really cute! I'm trying to get my self together for this challenge too! good luck!

Deanne Gutierrez said...

I love this - it has given me an inspiration for a few layouts of our vacation and then the return "home sweet home" Thanks for sharing!

Deanne G

http://deannescraftingadventures.blogspot.com/

Carolyn said...

This layout is so awesome!! ;-)

DORCAS said...

I love all your layouts, cards, etc. You are very talented. thanks for sharing!!

~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/