Sunday, June 13, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "We Love You So"


Today's layout is another pretty quick one...it started out as a double layout, but I'm not sure about the 2nd page.  I have a quick confession...I almost broke down over the weekend and bought a new cartridge.  I went to two of our local Walmarts in search of the Cricut Lite cartridges.  Evidently it was not meant to be...neither Walmart had the new Cricut Lite cartridges.  In fact they had very few scrapbooking supplies in general.  I'm taking this as a sign that I should stick to the plan and wait until August for new cartridges.  Hmph.



"Companion" page...even though I'm not thrilled with how it turned out...it will make the directions make more sense.

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 cardstock - DCWV 
  • Photo mats cut at 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • Scalloped circle cut at 8" from Winter Woodland  & circle cut at 7.06" from George and Basic Shapes - I used 12 x 12 pieces of patterned paper - the scallop circled and plain circle were used on the "companion" page and the negatives were used for the featured layout.  I trimmed them down to 11 x 11, so I could get a 1/2" border around the entire page. - patterned paper from K and Company
  • "we love you so" cut at 1 3/4" from Winter Woodland - welded the font shadow together using the Gypsy and then cut out the separate letters.
  • Owl and it's shadow cut at 3 3/4" from Storybook
  • Owl frame and base cut at 3 3/4" from Storybook
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Cosmic Copper
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Very Very Cute Lauren! I haven't gotten to stop by lately with all the madness in my house--- but I love it all! Also, I broke down and my Gypsy & Create a Critter will be here this week! :-) Yay! :-) Miss you lady!