Thursday, July 1, 2010

Creative Card: "Goody Goody Gumdrops"


When I was little, my Jama (my grandmother) always had gumdrops or lemon drops in a crystal bowl on one of her side tables.  There is no telling how many little treats that I would sneak as a child...probably a lot.  I immediately thought of her when I saw "goody goody gumdrops."

This card features a sentiment from the new line of stamps from Scrappy Moms - Sweet Somethings.  Melanie and Tammy designed this set with Cricut Cartridges in mind, such as: Sweet Treats, Paisley, and Once Upon a Princess.  There are many many possibilities even without those cartridges.  Plus, with Provo Craft coming out with so many new cartridges - I'm sure that there will be lots of brand new images that will coordinate perfectly with this set!

Materials Used:
  • Card Base - standard A2
  • Mat trimmed to 4 x 5 1/4 - DCWV Sweet Stack
  • Accent trimmed to 1 3/4 x 5 1/4 - DCWV Sweet Stack
  • "Bowl" cut at 1.93" (using REAL DIAL) or 9.94" from Paper Doll Dress Up
  • "Gum drops" cut at .65" from George and Basic Shapes
  • Tag is from Gypsy Wanderings (I think) but I forgot to save the size...sorry
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Sweet Somethings Set
  • 3/8" Saddle Stitch Ribbon - Michael's
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Have a great day!


Need some more inspiration?  Don't forget to check out Momo's site for another project featuring "Sweet Somethings" Nicole from Canadian Nickel Scrap'n has a card featuring a sentiment from "Amusing Animals!"

7 comments:

Scrappy Chic said...

Very sweet! Love your Jama's name! My Grandmother often inspires me too!

Mari AKA Momo said...

I am just dying over this card. I absolutely LOVE the colors you used. And the story behind it is AWESOME! Love your stuff! XOXO Momo

Scrappy Mel said...

Soooo ADORABLE!!! And your story is so sweet, what a great memory! Fabulous job! :)

joeygirl86 said...

Lauren this is great! That's so funny you had a little story when you 1st saw this stamps bcuz I did too! Lol...loving all your cards with the sweet somethings! they're all soo sweet! :)

Ruthie said...

Hi Lauren,

What a super cute card! I love the bright colors that you used and your story too!

Ruthie :)

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Precious memories! I think it has to be a law that gramma's have candy dishes full of gum and lemon drops... lol Love the card!

ScrappyScavenger said...

Hope you dont mind if I scrap-lift! I just adore this card!