Friday, July 16, 2010

Creative Card: "Poodles of Fun"


Yesterday I posted a collection of my Once Upon a Princess projects, but I didn't want to leave you with just "re-runs," so I decided to make a new card using my favorite cartridge.  I used the "Gem" Feature on Once Upon a Princess to create the poodle's silhouette.  This is the first time that I've used the this feature, and there are lots of cute images from this little poodle to a cowboy hat.  They would all make really cute and VERY simple tags.

Materials Used:
  • Card Base - 8 x 8 textured cardstock trimmed to 5 1/2 x 8 (5 1/2 x 4 folded)
  • Mat - 5 1/4 x 3 3/4" - K and Company "Handmade" 12 x 12 Paper Pad
  • Accents - trimmed to 1 3/4 x 4 and 1 1/4 x 4 (I embossed the black strip using the Swiss Dots A2 Folder and my Cuttlebug)
  • Poodle "Gem" and base cut at 4 1/4" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Tag cut at 1 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Clear Stamps "Amusing Animals" Set
  • Standard hole punch: I centered the tag onto the poodle "gem" and then punched a hole through all three layers, so I had a place to tie the ribbon.  
  • 5/8" Satin Ribbon: I used a tiny bit of double stick tape on each "tail" to secure it exactly how I wanted it to the front of the card.
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sharpie Fine Point Pen - Black
Hope you like it!  Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

liz said...

love how simple it is, howerver you always know where to put the details!
liz :o)

joeygirl86 said...

that's adorable! I need to try that gem feature soon! tfs

Scrappy Mel said...

So sweet! I didn't even know that it had that feature on the cart - have to give it a try now. :)

JennyKozar said...

This is so cute - I know someone who would LOVE a card like this so I will have to get working on it. TFS!!

Lisa said...

Found your blog through Momo...this card is so cute! Love that sentiment!

Got2BCrafting said...

I JUST got that cartridge yesterday and I am so excited to about all the cute images and features. This is adorable... I need to look at all your other OUAP projects, I know I will be inspired! Thanks so much for sharing.
Lori

Ayaris T. said...

Thanks for the giveaway. As a new blogger and crafter these would be better to own. Thanks again. =}

Jessica Wekenman said...

Oh, this is so cute! I never really looked too much at this cart, just assumed it wasn't for me...you've turned me around! Now, I NEED it!

Carol said...

Adorable! I have this cartridge but haven't used it too much yet? I better dust it off. lol!

scrappy critters said...

Adorable Lauren! I hope I can be as creative as you and get something new posted! Love it♥ Tammy

Rosy C. said...

Poodle of fun to look at!!! Lovin' the color combo used on the card!!!Perfect sentiment as well. Great Work.
Here is a link to my blog for you to glance at:
http://www.sweetdelightspapernmore.blogspot.com/
Sweet Creations!!!

Amanda said...

So cute! I have a blog award for you on my blog :)

Marilyn said...

Lauren, thank you for sharing your great projects and sharing your talent!
Enjoy your vacation!
Marilyn

Scrappin with the bug said...

Way too cute. I love it.

**Treefrog** said...

Lauren such an adorable card, I'll have to check out that feature! And I want to say Thank You for the award the other day, very sweet of you, you are a doll! I have been doing home reno's and been super uber busy trying to finish and if the hubs is in the mood to "get er done" (LOL) then I have to jump at it! But when all said and done I will have my own space and really get to do some crafting. I will be getting the award up on my blog today or tommarrow and Thank You so Much Again, I really do appreciate it!
Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa