Yesterday I posted a collection of my Once Upon a Princess projects, but I didn't want to leave you with just "re-runs," so I decided to make a new card using my favorite cartridge. I used the "Gem" Feature on Once Upon a Princess to create the poodle's silhouette. This is the first time that I've used the this feature, and there are lots of cute images from this little poodle to a cowboy hat. They would all make really cute and VERY simple tags.
- Card Base - 8 x 8 textured cardstock trimmed to 5 1/2 x 8 (5 1/2 x 4 folded)
- Mat - 5 1/4 x 3 3/4" - K and Company "Handmade" 12 x 12 Paper Pad
- Accents - trimmed to 1 3/4 x 4 and 1 1/4 x 4 (I embossed the black strip using the Swiss Dots A2 Folder and my Cuttlebug)
- Poodle "Gem" and base cut at 4 1/4" from Once Upon a Princess
- Tag cut at 1 1/2" from Once Upon a Princess
- Sentiment from Scrappy Moms Clear Stamps "Amusing Animals" Set
- Standard hole punch: I centered the tag onto the poodle "gem" and then punched a hole through all three layers, so I had a place to tie the ribbon.
- 5/8" Satin Ribbon: I used a tiny bit of double stick tape on each "tail" to secure it exactly how I wanted it to the front of the card.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- Sharpie Fine Point Pen - Black
Hope you like it! Have a great weekend!