Friday, July 9, 2010

Creative Card: "Specially for You"

It's that time of the week again...another Throwback Thursday Challenge from Emma at My Creative Time!  Her challenges are always fun and it's fun to blog-hop every week.  This week's challenge is to use an animal - preferably from Zooballoo.  I don't have Zooballoo, but I found this cute little squirrel from Disney's Happily Ever After cartridge.  Heads up to anyone out there that has this cartridge - there's also a cute little owl and a bird.  I don't know about you, but I think they all look surprisingly similar to the animals found on the brand new Cindy Loo cartridge.  How cute are those eyelashes???

Materials Used:
  • Card Base - I welded the squirrel's shadow and an acorn using the Gypsy (see the picture below)
  • Squirrel is cut at 4.29" from Disney's Happily Ever After
  • Acorn is from Create a Critter
  • "Specially for You" from Scrappy Mom's Sweet Somethings set
  • Swiss Dots A2 Embossing Folder - acorn's top
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - Rose Coral, Rouge and Warm Red
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Hope that helps a bit...


Need some more inspiration???  Check out these projects:
Joanna's Scrapbook Layout
Melanie's Anniversary Card

Hope you have a wonderful day!!!


13 comments:

Kristen said...

I love your Card.

joeygirl86 said...

Sooo cute! I've always loved that lil squirrel but always forget about it. I love how you made it a card! tfs

Scrappy Mel said...

Cute, cute, cute! I am trying to find an animal to use for this challange too. :)

Great job! {{{ HUGS }}}

My Creative Time said...

WOw, you do such a WONDERFUL job on your projects! I just LOVE how this turned out my friend!! It's GREAT to see you back for another throwback Thursday challenge!
Gypsy hugs,
Emma;)

Dawnica said...

Very cute. You make all your projects look so beautiful. You really add those special touches and make them pop.

DREAMS CARDS said...

Great job , i love your card.
Patty

You're Invited to my Facebook Giveaway

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/SCRAPBOOKING-DREAMS-CARDS/131580423519798

Pink E said...

OMG!!!!! the cutest ever and the very best color ever PINK lol!!!!! adorable card ;)Inspired

Minta's Creations said...

Wow! he is the cutest squirrel ever.
Minta

check mine out.
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Raven B said...

Oh this is darling. I love love love the colors. I have that cart and I've never seen that image I'm going to have to go cut now! Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs,
Raven

DORCAS said...

Lauren,

I love your talent!!! Just love this card! TFS!

~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

BeeBeebabs said...

Toooo cute thanks for sharing

Cristi said...

Lauren,
I just love this card, it is so adorable!!! Who would have known such a cute animal cut could come from that cartridge.
HUGS
Cristi

Anonymous said...

Mr. Expert,

Are you going to have a follow up post or article about this anytime soon? :)

_______
http://www.QSLaw.com