Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Creative Card: "You're Tee-rific"



I have been in a creative "funk" since I've been home from Florida...I have diagnosed myself with "vacation hangover."  I don't think it's too serious.  Hopefully I will make a full recovery...QUICKLY!!!  I finally had an idea to do a tie-dye shirt using my brand new Watercolor Pencils and I figured I better take advantage of a little creative break through.  :)  

This card features one of the brand new sentiments from the Scrappy Mom's "For the Boys" set.  This set is available for pre-order HERE!  I know that the "tee-riffic" is supposed to be golf related, but I don't have any golf related images to use...so I turned a seemingly sport related sentiment into one that could be suitable for non-sporty types.  (I would definitely fall into this category.)  I had planned on videoing a how-to for the watercolor pencils, but my camera is acting up.  Let's hope that this is just a little hiccup because it's a fairly new camera...please let it be a little hiccup.  Maybe my camera is depressed...it would probably rather be taking pictures like this:

Playing on the beach...sigh.

Materials Used:
  • Card Base - 6 x 11" (6 x 5 1/2" folded)
  • Mat - trimmed to 4 1/2 x 5 1/2 - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
  • Shirt from Once Upon a Princess (p. 43 - <pajama-s>) cut at 4.37"
  • Sentiment - Scrappy Moms "For the Boys" set
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - Warm Red
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Faber-Castell Watercolor Pencils
  • 5/8" Satin Ribbon
  • Mini-Clothespins - $1 section at Target
Have a great day!


Need some more inspiration?  Check out Scrappy Mel's super cute card HERE!

5 comments:

scrappy critters said...

Adorable Lauren... What a super cute idea to use a t-shirt! I LOVE IT!♥

joeygirl86 said...

Oh how cute is that lil tye dye tshirt!! I love the little clothes pins :)

Scrappy Mel said...

So cute - what a clever idea! I love it! :)

mum of two said...

That is really cute! I love the tye-dye T-shirt. TFS :)

DORCAS said...

Lauren. This is a Super cute idea! I love the clothes pins! TFS!