Monday, July 5, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "1st Dollhouse"

You may be asking yourself, "Where did she find this super cute dollhouse cut?"  You may even be thinking, "Gee, doesn't Sugar and Spice have a dollhouse cut similar to that one?  But that couldn't be a cut from Sugar and Spice...it's not August, yet."  Yes...it is a dollhouse from the Sugar and Spice Cricut cartridge.  I thought about not really mentioning the new cartridge and just skimming over the fact that I totally  broke down over the weekend and went searching for Sugar and Spice and B is for Boy.  I didn't find B is for Boy, but it's only a matter of time - I think I have a problem.  :)  If you are new to the blog...I had sort of, kind of made a promise to not buy any new cartridges until my birthday in August and I failed.  Oh well...better luck next time.  

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base
  • (2) Accent strips trimmed to 3 1/2" x 12" - ki Memories "Toy Box"
  • (2) Accent strips 1 3/4" x 12" (approximately - used scraps) - ki Memories "Toy Box"
  • (2) Photo Mats (triple matted to fit 4" x 4" pictures)
  • "1st dollhouse" cut twice at 2" from Cursive 101 and welded with the Gypsy - Martha Stewart 12 x 12 paper pack
  • "dollhouse" cut at 4" from Sugar and Spice - attached with pop dots
  • EK Success Border Punch - dotted scallop
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • 3/8" grosgrain ribbon 
  • buttons - from Michael's - attached with glue dots
  • Sharpie Fine Point Pen - Black
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

8 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

LOL! The last 3 carts I bought were after I promised not to buy any more for a while!! So much for willpower! ;)

Adorable layout! I love the bright colors you used. I am trying to get a layout done today but my husband is home so we'll see how much I get done. :)

joeygirl86 said...

Lol thats too funny..I always so no more, then all these new carts come out that I have to have!...at least you only bought one! Love the LO! ;)

Ruthie said...

LOL! I wasn't going to buy any of the Cricut Lites. I decided they were to expensive for the amount of cuts you get. Yeah.... that lasted until I saw them in my Wal-mart. I have 6 of them now. :) The B is for Boy and Sugar and Spice carts are by far my favorites.

Super cute layout!

Ruthie :)

Savahanna said...

Very cute layout. I love the colors you chose

Amanda said...

Yea I have said the same think about my scrapping obsession and failed two days later. HAHAHA.. there is always something you gotta have! Love the layout :)

Carolyn Ruiz said...

LOL! At least you are among friends who share the same weakness!!!! I really love the LO you made with the new cart. The colors you picked are just perfect because they are whimsical without being too kiddish. :) not sure if that was a real word....

anyway, just love it! TFS

DORCAS said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!!

~Dorcas

PeggyLovesVintage said...

What a great way to fail... lol. Love the lo!