Friday, July 2, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Baby Blessings"


It's Throwback Thursday challenge time again hosted by Emma at My Creative Time.  The theme this week was "baby" and the New Arrival cartridge.  I don't have New Arrival, so I used some of my oldest cartridges to complete a scrapbook layout.  While working on this challenge, I realized that I don't have very many "baby" type images at all.  Maybe it would be worth buying something like B is for Boy or Sugar and Spice to help me finish some of Nicole's baby pictures.   Hmmm...too bad I agreed to no new cartridges until my birthday in August.  Oh well...it's just another month away.

Here is the picture that I will be using for this layout...I couldn't resist.  


This was the first time I was able to hold her.  So precious...

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base 
  • Photo Mats: 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 and 8 1/4 x 8 1/4 for an 8 x 8 picture
  • Accent Strips trimmed to 4 1/2 x 12 and 4 x 12
  • "baby blessings" cut at 3.20" using real dial size from Wild Card
  • "baby carriage" cut twice at 3" from Wild Card (trimmed away the "card" with an x-acto knife)
  • "baby rattle" cut at 2 1/2" using real dial size from Wild Card
  • "nightie" cut at 2 1/2" using real dial size from Paper Doll Dress Up
  • Patterned Paper - from DCWV Nana's Nursery (girl)
  • EK Success Border Punch - "dotted scallop"
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Sharpie Fine Tip Pen - Black



15 comments:

Glora said...

This is such a sweet LO! I love the colors. It will be perfect for that beautiful picture of your baby.

the cricutologist said...

Wow! You did a great job considering you have no baby Cartridges! Way to go! Love it!Beautiful baby!!!

joeygirl86 said...

Such a sweet lo! and what a great picture!

Raven Baca said...

OH MY GOODNESS that baby is so beautiful I just want to kiss her. She is so sweet. I remember when my babies were that little ah! And the layout what a great color selection and you did a great job with the challenge. I think you made the baby theme work wonderfully. I have my eye on b is for boy and Sugar and spice I want them bad.
Hugs,
Raven

ScrappingStephanie said...

Beautiful LO..love the colors! What a cute picture of your baby. TFS.

Stephanie

http://stephanieandthebug.blogspot.com

Scrappy Mel said...

She is a CUTIE! The layout is sweet too. :)

Marisa said...

Super sweet! Love the colors!:)

Mari AKA Momo said...

Such a beautiful layout! I love your work! XOXO Momo

DREAMS CARDS said...

OMG !!!! this LO is super cute and sweet , I love the color and everything.
Patty

You're invited to visit
http://www.dreamscardsbypatty.blogspot.com/

Rachael said...

That is so cute!! love your colors and papers :)

DORCAS said...

This layout is fabulous! THanks for sharing
~Dorcashttp://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

My Creative Time said...

OMG, this is the CUTEST CUTEST page EVER!! That picture is just tooo Precious my friend! It is sooo GREAT to see you participating in my challenges! Thank you!;)
Big Gypsy hugs,
Emma;)

Cricut Me That said...

Precious picture and fantastic layout!! Lovin' the pink and green!!

MissChelle said...

Adorable LO!!!

Rhonda Emery said...

cute adorable layout. became a follower.
www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com