Monday, July 19, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!"

I so wish that I could have gotten a better picture of this layout because the above picture does not capture just how glittery this page turned out.  (And...really, if you can't use glitter on a Cinderella project - where can you use it?)  I have always loved Cinderella - ever since she and I had a "moment" during a parade at Disneyland circa 1984.  She came over and talked to me - and I was enamored.  It obviously made an impression because  as I approach *cough* 30 *cough* - I still remember it with crystal clarity.  In a rather predictable turn of events, my daughter is also a huge fan.  She sings Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo, but only with the proper accessories: her crown, her "bibbidi bobbidi boo" (which means her wand) and her "rella" dress (any tutu).  

The little chipboard flowers are from a Disney Princess chipboard set - you can find it HERE and I've also seen it at Michael's.  It's super cute - all of the princesses are included (mine were apprehended by a certain 2 year old) as are all of the little flowers and hearts that you see on the page.  It would be a great alternative for someone who either doesn't own any of the Disney Princess cartridges or doesn't have the patience to cut out all of the layers. 

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base
  • 10 x 10 mat
  • Photo Mats cut at 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 & 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 
  • "bibbidi bobbidi boo" is welded to an 8" circle using the shadow feature from Cherry Limeade
  • Carriage is cut at 4.25" from Disney's Happily Ever After
  • Chipboard flowers from Disney Princess (found at Michael's and Joann's)
  • Glitter Paper - DCWV Glitter Stack (letters, carriage and photo mats)
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Here's how I welded the letters to the circle.  I also separated the letters and the coach's layers on separate pages because I used the "multi-cut" function to make sure that the glitter paper cut cleanly.

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

liz said...

super creative! i need a gypsy!

Scrappy Mel said...

How adorable!!! I am always scared to make a page with only one photo, but this is so great - I'm going to have to be brave and give it a try! :)

*Star said...

This is such a great layout! My 3-year-old daughter Sunshine is sitting with me at the computer and she says I need to make her one too. She is a HUGE Cinderella fan. Fabulous job. Have a great day!

Carol said...

Super cute layout! I love the title.

mum of two said...

Love the title! You have given me so much inspiration! TFS :)

michelle

Mari AKA Momo said...

I just simply LOVE seeing your layouts! The best part is you always have a story to go with it! Thanks for sharing yourself with us!!! XOXO Momo