Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "My First Sippy"

Here is another layout using Sugar and Spice...look - I bought it a month early, so I might as well use it.  I have some pictures of Nicole using a sippy cup for the first time.  This was back when she was less mobile and I was able to capture most "firsts" on camera - it's harder now.  Quick note to any new moms out there - take lots and lots of pictures while your baby is not so mobile and before he or she develops an attitude about taking pictures.

Another quick note - yes, I realize that the top border is a bit crooked.  It is due to the fact that I seem to be unable to use the Martha Stewart Rotary cutter.  I even have the little ruler that has a guide which is supposed to prevent you from cutting a crooked border.  After using it for a few projects recently (I've had it for well over a year, and never used it), I have come to one simple conclusion - I need to buy a plain scalloped border punch before I end up losing my mind.

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base
  • (2) Accent strips cut at 3 3/4" (Used the Martha Stewart Scallop Rotary Tool on one edge)
  • Photo Mats cut at 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" and 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" 
  • "My" and "Sippy" cut at 1.82" from Once Upon a Princess - welded using the Gypsy
  • "1st" cut at 1.82" from Winter Woodland - welded using the Gypsy
  • "Sippy Cup" cut at 4 1/4" from Sugar and Spice
  • Patterned Paper from Martha Stewart 12 x 12 paper pack 
  • "Journaling Tag" cut at 3" from Sugar and Spice 
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • 3/8" satin ribbon
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White

7 comments:

liz said...

just so cute! how do you find the time with a little one to create so many things?!
liz :o)

DORCAS said...

SUPER CUTE!!!

joeygirl86 said...

super cute..love this! i will have copy your idea in a few months! ;)

Savahanna said...

Very Cute! You cannot even tell the border is crooked. I ove this layout. That sippy cup is adorable.

Mari AKA Momo said...

So stinkin adorable!!! XOXO Momo

PeggyLovesVintage said...

How sweet! I love the color combos.

ScrappingStephanie said...

Super cute and such fun colors. And yup, totally agree with the picture thing. My daughter who is two, covers her face and says NO when I try to take her pic now. Can't believe how quickly they develop that little attitude.

Stephanie

http://stephanieandthebug.blogspot.com