Monday, July 12, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "One Last Bottle..."


I hope that you're not getting sick of the baby layouts, but the closer I get to finishing up Nicole's baby pictures - the more I really want to start scrapping current photos!  Honestly, I've got to catch up because I end up in tears after looking through her baby pictures.  (Where did that baby go?  Those first 6 months were pretty slow going, but I swear since then - we are on fast forward.)  Just in case the title isn't obvious...this is for a picture of my husband giving Nicole her very last bottle EVER!!!  This was a seriously happy event in our house - not only was I completely OVER sterilizing bottles, but Nicole was also OVER bottles - once she had a taste of real food - bottles were simply an inconvenience.

As an aside, I definitely do not regret purchasing the Sugar and Spice cartridge earlier than originally planned - it has given me that extra bit of inspiration to finish those last lingering baby pictures.  Oh...and that cute font...I may have also picked up Cherry Limeade when I bought Sugar and Spice.  Whoops...did I forget to mention that?  :)

p.s. I was inspired by Megan's layout from Above Rubies Studio.  You can check it out HERE!

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base - DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • 3 columns at the top - 3 x 6" 
  • bottom accent - 4 x 11 1/2"
  • Photo Mats trimmed to fit a 3 x 3 and a 4 x 6 
  • "one last bottle" cut at 2" from Cherry Limeade and welded with the Gypsy
  • bottle cut at 3 3/4" from Sugar and Spice
  • Patterned Paper - DCWV Nana's Nursery (Girl) Stack
  • 5/8" grosgrain ribbon - from Michael's
  • Gingham brad - I folded the little metal parts into the center and then attached it using a glue dot (hot glue would work just as well)
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
Hope you have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Amanda said...

This is adorable! I have those two carts as well and love them! Is this a 12x12?

Lauren B. said...

Amanda - it is a 12 x 12 layout. I'm so glad that you like it! Hugs!

Amanda said...

whoops! I saw it is :) lol I guess I should read further, anyway nice job again hahaha

Scrappy Mel said...

Very cute!

Another new cart, shame on you - like I should talk I just bought Mini-Monsters. LOL

Great layout, keep going it will feel sooo good to be caught up!

Savahanna said...

Very cute. I love the lettering I think I am going to have to go pick up that cartridge now.