Thursday, July 1, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: Summer Fun


Yet another scrapbook layout...I told you that I was on a roll.  This came together fairly fast and I can't wait to add some summery pictures to it.  

Side note: I clearly need to be separated from my new Tim Holtz Distress Ink or at least get more colors - I think I have used it on EVERY single project that I have done since purchasing it.  :)  


Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base - DCWV Cardstock Pack
  • Accent Strip trimmed to 4 1/2 x 12" - K and Company "Amy Butler Belle" Pad (bought at Joann's for $4.95 last week! I do realize that this kind of goes against my no new paper or Cricut carts until my birthday...oh well.)
  • 2 Photo Mats - 4 3/4 x 4 3/4, 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 & 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
  • "Summer" cut at 2" from Winter Woodland (welded using Gypsy)
  • "fun" cut at 2" from Cursive 101 (welded using Gypsy)
  • Sand cut at 2.63" from Paper Doll Dress-Up
  • Paper Doll & Outfit cut at 4.71" from Paper Doll Dress Up
  • Sun cut at 4" from Create a Critter
  • Crab cut at 2" from Create a Critter
  • Sandcastle cut at 2" from Create a Critter
  • Starfish cut at 2" from Create a Critter
  • Clam Shell (light pink) cut at 1 1/4" from Create a Critter
  • Conch Shell (dark pink) cut at 3 1/2" from Paper Doll Dress-Up
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Shells and Starfish embossed using Swiss Dots folder & Cuttlebug


13 comments:

DORCAS said...

I just love your creativity! Thanks for sharing!!

~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Savahanna said...

What a cute page. I love these colors.

Tiffany said...

Just found you through Momo's blog and I'm so glad! You make the cutest projects! I LOVE your memory game and can't wait until my daughter is old enough to make her one!

ScrappingStephanie said...

I just found your blog...I love it. This LO is amazing. Tim Holtz distress ink is addicting. TFS.

Stephanie

http://stephanieandthebug.blogspot.com

liz said...

adorable!

Janis said...

This is so bright and cheery! Loving the colors you used, and the whole layout is awesome!! :) Janis

joeygirl86 said...

wow you are on a roll! i love this summer lo, it looks so fun and colorful! :)

Scrappy Mel said...

I LOVE IT! It's so bright and colorful - I love how you pop-dotted the embellishments! :)

scrappin sista said...

I love this layout!!! you are sooo creative! you did a wonderful job!

Mari AKA Momo said...

shut up... this is stinkin ADORABLE!! I love it! So fun and bright! XOXO Momo

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I just love your work. It's beautiful with all the bright colours and detail. Thanks for sharing.

Sharmel said...

Lauren, I just love your work! It's gorgeous with all the bright colours and details. Thanks for sharing.

vv said...

you just got yourself a new subscriber on the blog & YT ... I just noticed you have a whole area on scrapbook (woooo hoooo hooo) lol - thanks for sharing Lauren