Thursday, August 26, 2010

Creative Card: "Fawn-tastic!" & A Fairy Birthday Party




This card is for Emma from My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge.  This week's theme was "Princess" and Emma chose the Cricut cartridge Tinkerbell and Friends.  I have wanted to pair the super cute "Fawn-tastic" stamp from the Scrappy Mom's Amusing Animals set with Fawn from Tinkerbell and Friends for some time, so this was the perfect excuse.  Fawn is an "animal fairy," so I decided that earth tones were best suited for her.  The rest of the card is pretty simple, but once you cut out those teeny tiny layers to make the fairy - simple is GOOD!  (Note to self: must follow Momo's lead and buy some darn tweezers to avoid cursing in my craft room while handling tiny pieces of paper.)

I have to tell you what I went through to get Tinkerbell and Friends last November.  When I bought my first baby bug on Thanksgiving of last year, I knew NOTHING about the Cricut or cartridges, but I knew that I HAD to have the Tinkerbell and Friends cartridge for my daughter's 2nd birthday party.  Do you hear me???  I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!  Evidently, so did everyone else at Michael's that evening, but as luck would have it a pair of super sweet sisters that had been helping me pick out some fun cartridges decided they didn't want Tinkerbell and Friends after all, so they gave it to me!  Later on while I was looking for more Cricut related items to get, a lady came up to me and asked if I "really" wanted Tinkerbell and she almost took it out of my cart.  (WHAT???)  I am a fairly non-confrontational kind of a gal, but I looked that crazed Cricut crafter right in the eyes and said, "Yep, I need that cartridge for my daughter's birthday party."  She gave me a dirty look, but the battle was won - and Tinkerbell was MINE!  Who knew that crafting was so cutthroat??? 

After that story, I thought I should include a few pictures of Nicole's 2nd birthday party.  Sorry that the quality isn't that great - her party was prior to blogging and prior to my new camera.  If only I'd known...I would have taken more close-ups of everything.  



This invitation was ridiculously easy, but I still love how it turned out.  I used the shadow/feature for Tinkerbell.



The "flower arrangements" were made up of glittery Christmas decorations from Michael's - anything glittery is perfect for a fairy birthday party!  The fairies and the little fairy houses were all cut using "fit to page" and 12 x 12 paper.


I'm not sure what size she cut at, but I know I used my 12x24 mat.  The ribbon is from the Christmas section of Michael's...a very good resource for party decorations!




I made the "fairy wings" for the cupcakes using Wilton's candy melts.  I even glittered them using edible glitter.  (You can find it in the Wilton cake decorating section in craft stores)



Hope you are all having a good day!




20 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

OMG!!! This is all so cute!! Love the hanging faries!

joeygirl86 said...

Oh wow you did such a great job on your daughters party! You got me cracking up with your cricut war story! LOl tfs :)

Ruthie said...

Super cute card! You are right... you deffinantley need a pair of tweezers! I have had mine almost a year and I about lost my mind a last week, because I couldn't find them. I need to pick up a back-up pair. :)

I can't believe that woman was going to take the Tinker Bell catridge out of your cart! LOL

Live Love and Scrap said...

Oh my goodness your story is sooo funny!!! Yes, Cricut crafters can be soooo crazy!!! Cartridges are like our crack =)
Your daughter's party turned out sooooo awesome...love all that you did!!!

Good luck in Emma's challenge!!!
hugs,
Sarah

JennyKozar said...

LOVE MY TWEEZERS!! Your daughter is adorable and to have a mommy who is so creative - just Blessed!

Lisa said...

OMG I love that card. Awesome decorations. That was one funny story. You'll need to add that one to the scrapbook. :)

Mrs.Debbie said...

OMG everytthing is just beatiful your daughter much have been very happy. What a story I know some people are so mean it just shows they only think of themself. Thanks for sharing

Debbie

Kristin said...

OMG I love all of this, So cute, I love Tinkerbell, Great job on decorations!!!

Scrappy Mel said...

Cute card!!

I LOVE how you put that woman in her place - bug off, Lady! LOL

Her party was ADORABLE! Thank you for sharing the pics. :)

Cristi said...

Wow, LOve this card! Your little angels birthday party was adorable, LOVE the decorations! You really did a great job.
HUGS
Cristi

girlia said...

I love everything. Great job.

HappyExpressions said...

OMGoodness!!! How adorable is that card. You did a fantastic job on them all. TFS!

Raven B said...

OHGOODNESS! That story is hillarious. I cant believe that lady attempted to take your cart!!! GASP. Provocraft should know us cricut lovers are crazy about our cartridges and make more. Or perhaps its Michaels fault lol. Either way this card is amazing and the birthday party is WOW! I totally agree you should buy tweezers hehe.
Hugs,
Raven

Micia said...

super cute card! What stamp set did you use?

Micia

yellowbirdcreation.blogspot.com

Scrappin with the bug said...

Super cute. Love all the fairies floating around. Love the front door wreath.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!
My DGD loves Tinkerbell and her parents may use that theme for her next bday.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Glora said...

WOW WOW WOW! This card is awesome!!! I love Fawn she is so sweet and that glitter is perfect for her. I ADORE the invitation and decorations you made for the party! They ROCK. I hope you saved them to use again :).

Honey B said...

Super CUTE...LOVE IT...TFS.

Sweet Scrappy HUGS

HONEY B
http://sweetscrappingwithhoneyb.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Wow you did a wonderful job on Fawn I think this is the hardest cartridge. What size did you cut her at? Are her eyes all little layer? You really did a fantastic job!
Hugs,
Linda

My Creative Time said...

WOW Lauren! YOur card is BEAUTIFUL and that sentiment is PERFECT!! Great job w/the challenge my friend!
Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)