This is my first real attempt at using my new watercolor pencils. I liked the little lanterns so much that I wanted them to be the focus of the entire card, so I left the rest of the card pretty simple.
The cute paper lantern stamp is from the dollar section at Michael's. Joanna from Scrapmaking has used a lot of the stamps from the dollar section lately, and they are all so cute that I decided to sift through them to see what I could find. I also picked up a cute owl and a tree, so I can practice using the watercolor pencils.
- Card Base - standard A2
- Mat trimmed to 3 x 5 1/2 - K and Company "Citronella" Mat Pad
- Stamped Paper - 2 1/2 x 5
- Paper Lantern Stamp - Studio G
- Faber-Castell Watercolor Pencils (so EASY to use!!!)
- Sentiment from Scrappy Mom's "For the Boys" set
- 5/8" Satin Ribbon