Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Creative Card: "My Friend"



This is my first real attempt at using my new watercolor pencils.  I liked the little lanterns so much that I wanted them to be the focus of the entire card, so I left the rest of the card pretty simple.

The cute paper lantern stamp is from the dollar section at Michael's.  Joanna from Scrapmaking has used a lot of the stamps from the dollar section lately, and they are all so cute that I decided to sift through them to see what I could find.  I also picked up a cute owl and a tree, so I can practice using the watercolor pencils.  

Materials Used:

2 comments:

joeygirl86 said...

This came out good..I still need lots of practice with my watercolor pencils! Gotta love the dollar bin! :)

Scrappy Mel said...

Very stylish - kind of retro-chic! :) Great job on the coloring!