Monday, August 2, 2010

Creative Card: "You Rock"


Happy Monday!  Welcome to what will hopefully be a more "normal" week around here.  I have a few quick notes about the blog - towards the end of last week, I added a "Subscribe by Email" feature for anyone that might be interested.  I subscribed to make sure that it worked and it is nice - you get the entire post in one email.  I also changed the "related posts" that are at the bottom of each blog entry.  For some reason, Link Within wasn't working, so I found another site and now ALL of the links work again.  I have also removed the "security" feature on my blog's comments section.  I read EVERY single one, so if for some reason there is something inappropriate - I'll just delete it, but so far everyone leaves very lovely comments.  Hopefully it may make it easier for you to leave a comment.  (This means you, Mom!)  Whew!  Maybe that wasn't such a quick note.

On Saturday, I browsed Michael's for awhile without my normal shopping companion (you know that little one that's always tagging along with me) and I was able to look around to my heart's content.  Plus it always gives me ideas to look at new paper and embellishments.  If that wasn't fun enough, my sweet husband surprised me with the B is for Boy cartridge yesterday.

 I had originally planned to use the little "rock" princess from Once Upon a Princess, for this sentiment, but how many cards can I do with those little cuties?  When I saw this little rocking horse, I changed my plans.  Also a quick note - the sentiment is supposed to look distressed - it is not a result of my shoddy stamping skills.  ;) 

Materials Used:
  • Card base - trimmed an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock to 4 3/4 x 9 and scored at 4 3/4
  • Mat - trimmed to 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 - DCWV Sweet Matstack
  • Rocking Horse cut at 3 3/4" from B is for Boy - attached with pop dots
  • Postage Stamp and base cut at 1 1/4" from B is for Boy - attached with pop dots
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Mom's "For the Boys" set
  • 3/8" Satin Ribbon - from Michael's
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean and Cosmic Copper
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen


Have a great day!  See you back here tomorrow for MORE projects!



If you would like some more inspiration, check out Melanie and Tammy's super cute cards HERE and HERE!

12 comments:

Mari AKA Momo said...

I just adore this little rocking horse! What a great take on the sentiment! Your cards are always amazing! Xoxo Momo

buglvr2010 said...

So cute...I've been wanting B is for Boy...I love your take on the sentiment...very clever!

scrappy critters said...

sooo adorable Lauren! What a wonderful idea! I just got this cart too!!!!

LoveMusic said...

Very cute!! I love it! Thanks for sharing!!
-Rachel
www.lovemusicdesigns.blogspot.com

Nhi P. Tran said...

This is so cute!!! I love the rocking horse, it matches the sentiment perfectly.

www.litoscrapper.blogspot.com

Scrappy Mel said...

SO ADORABLE!! I would have NEVER thought to match this sentiment with the cute little rocking horse - what a great idea! So cute and easy. (I laughted so hard at your disclaimer about the distressed font!!! ROLF) :)

joeygirl86 said...

OMG this is soooo cute! :)

DORCAS said...

This is a great card! I have been having no inspiration with that Cart. But now you have given me HOPE!
Thanks!

~Dorcas

Amanda said...

I love the mat from DCWV! I have looked at this stack over and over and I must buy it now.. thanks.. LOL j/p ;) I love your twist on the "you rock", I see lots of guitars with this sentiment!

AuntPatty'sCrafts said...

I love this card, the rocking horse os adorable...I have the "B Is For Boy" cartridge on my wish list...even thought my boys are grown.
Patty

sucor said...

Your card is so cute! I love your rocking horse! The B is for Boy cart is on my wish list.

mum of two said...

Love the rocking horse with the sentiment. SO cute!! TFS :)