Happy Monday! Welcome to what will hopefully be a more "normal" week around here. I have a few quick notes about the blog - towards the end of last week, I added a "Subscribe by Email" feature for anyone that might be interested. I subscribed to make sure that it worked and it is nice - you get the entire post in one email. I also changed the "related posts" that are at the bottom of each blog entry. For some reason, Link Within wasn't working, so I found another site and now ALL of the links work again. I have also removed the "security" feature on my blog's comments section. I read EVERY single one, so if for some reason there is something inappropriate - I'll just delete it, but so far everyone leaves very lovely comments. Hopefully it may make it easier for you to leave a comment. (This means you, Mom!) Whew! Maybe that wasn't such a quick note.
On Saturday, I browsed Michael's for awhile without my normal shopping companion (you know that little one that's always tagging along with me) and I was able to look around to my heart's content. Plus it always gives me ideas to look at new paper and embellishments. If that wasn't fun enough, my sweet husband surprised me with the B is for Boy cartridge yesterday.
I had originally planned to use the little "rock" princess from Once Upon a Princess, for this sentiment, but how many cards can I do with those little cuties? When I saw this little rocking horse, I changed my plans. Also a quick note - the sentiment is supposed to look distressed - it is not a result of my shoddy stamping skills. ;)
- Card base - trimmed an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock to 4 3/4 x 9 and scored at 4 3/4
- Mat - trimmed to 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 - DCWV Sweet Matstack
- Rocking Horse cut at 3 3/4" from B is for Boy - attached with pop dots
- Postage Stamp and base cut at 1 1/4" from B is for Boy - attached with pop dots
- Sentiment from Scrappy Mom's "For the Boys" set
- 3/8" Satin Ribbon - from Michael's
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
- Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean and Cosmic Copper
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
Have a great day! See you back here tomorrow for MORE projects!
If you would like some more inspiration, check out Melanie and Tammy's super cute cards HERE and HERE!