Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Creative Card: "You're Out of This World!"



Today's card is featuring a very cute cut from the B is for Boy Cricut Lite cartridge and another fun sentiment from the Scrappy Mom's set "A Haunting We Will Go."  I went a little crazy with the stitching, but other than that - I really like how it turned out.  This is one of those cards that I will miss when I send it out.  

Materials Used:
  • Card Base - welded two rocket ships from B is for Boy (each at 6 1/2" high) using my Gypsy
  • Rocket ship and all of it's layers are cut at 6 1/2" from B is for Boy
  • Cloud cut using the "fit to length" feature at 1 1/4" from Create a Critter
  • Sentiment from Scrappy Mom's "A Haunting We Will Go" set
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Cosmic Copper and Pearlescent Sky Blue
  • Color Box Liquid Chalk - Warm Red
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Button and thread from my stash - I should have taken a picture before I attached the cloud, but here's how I did it: using my 1/16" hole punch I punched a hole in the cloud and threaded the thread and button through and then tied a knot.  To attach the cloud to the rocket, I punched a hole in the rocket before attaching the blue fin.  I then threaded the red thread through the hole in the rocket and secured it using double sided tape.  Once secure, I attached the rocket to the card base.  (I hope that makes sense...) ;)
Thanks so much for looking!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Very cute card Lauren!!! May have to case this one!!! TFS

joeygirl86 said...

This is a fun card..I love the bright colors! ...I don't think you went crazy on the stitching... I always go a bit crazy with my doodles! :)

scrappy critters said...

Wow Lauren! That is so absolutely adorable! My nephew would LOVE this one!♥Tammy

Mari AKA Momo said...

I simply adore those bright and fun colors!!! You have been crowned Doodling Princess now!!! LOL!!! I LOVE IT!!! But then again there has never been a project of your I have not loved! Thanks for sharinf youself my friend! XOXO Momo

Ayaris T. said...

Love the card. Just perfect for a boy. TFS.

Peace Love and Scrappyness said...

My son saw this and wants it!

Thank you, thank you thank you for the link on the braided barettes! That was exactly what I was talking about. As my olest daughter is about to start 4th grade, I am realizing that my days of reliving my childhood will quickly be ending. :) I need to step it up. I have made my kids watch Fraggle Rock, Smurfs, Care Bears,School house rocks, Rainbow bright and so many others... and now onto braided barettes! Thanks again!

Jamie

Scrappy Mel said...

This card is so adorable!! I love everything about it - you did a fabulous job as usual!! :) {{{ Big HUGS }}}

greenbean said...

this is too cute!...lovin' all the stichin'!...and the colors are fab!...

Angelica said...

These are the kind of projects that make me want to have another baby and *cross my fingers* that it's a boy!! LOL!!! Just teasing, but this is adorable. You did a wonderful job showing how to add nice dimension without going over the top. You're a true talent, Lauren!! Hugs, Angelica

*Alison* said...

I have been here looking at cards forever.. this is just adorable.. :) soooo cute!! :) i love the stitching lines.. HUGS