Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Baby Announcement"

Ok...this is the kind of scrapbook layout that reminds me to remind all of you that have little ones- scrap those baby pictures while your baby is still teeny.  This page is very simple, but I really wanted my daughter's announcement and picture to be the focus.  

On Saturday, I was able to get away and visit a local scrapbook store for the first time.  I bought some really cute paper from Echo Park and ki Memories.  I love all of the Echo Park papers...it's probably a good thing that they only had the "Life is Good" collection.  So so fun!

Materials Used:
  • 12 x 12 base
  • 5 x 12 patterned paper - Echo Park "Life is Good"
  • Photo Mats - Bo Bunny Coffee Dot and Bazill Basics
    • 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 
    • 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 and 5 1/4 x 7 1/4
  • "N" Monogram and base cut at 4 1/2" from Gypsy Font.  I embossed the top layer using the Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots A2 Folder
  • Journaling Space and "Moments to Remember" from the Echo Park "Life is Good" Journal Cards
  • EK Success Border Punch - Dotted Scallop
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Buttons (from my stash...most of them are from Michael's)
  • 3/8" Satin Ribbon - Michael's
Have a wonderful day!

12 comments:

erin lee creative said...

This is a really sweet layout! I love Echo Park, I need to order some from Oh My Crafts!

Jessica Wekenman said...

Beautiful LO! I've got that Echo Park paper coming in the mail any day...can't wait! I love the embossed Monogram!

joeygirl86 said...

How sweet! I totally agree with you about scrapping while they are still little...which reminds me, I have about 1000 pics to start scrapping! LOL tfs :)

liz said...

simply adorable!
liz :o)

Kate said...

Lauren, you are so talented! Thank you for sharing your crafts and providing so much inspiration!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Hi Lauren...what a sweet layout and WHAT A SWEET BABY!!! I love all the buttons...I need to use more buttons =)

I also am loving Echo Park papers, even though I dont have any yet =( We dont have a local scrapbook store anymore, but I did see some Echo Park kits on OhmyCrafts.com I have been wanting to order some....hopefully soon!!!

Hope you are having a GREAT day,
Sarah

DORCAS said...

Lauren,

I just love this payout! Its just perfect! She's precious!

JennyKozar said...

This layout is just perfect. So sweet - cherish all these moments as they grow up WAY to quickly.

HappyExpressions said...

So sweet and so adorable!

Scrappy Mel said...

How sweet! Nicole is an ADORABLE baby! :)

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Ahhhhhhh, so sweet!

Becky said...

I love all these colors. Beautiful layout