Hmmm...let me start by saying - this layout is cuter in person. I was also planning on making this a double layout, but when I looked back through the pictures - only three made the cut for the scrapbook. Sometimes things don't work out...the end.
For those of you that have read the blog for awhile...this is old info, but for anyone that is new to the blog - this is how I scrapbook. I began scrapbooking in April of 2010, which means that I started out 2 years and 4 months behind. (I won't even go into the fact that my wedding album isn't even done yet and we have been married for almost eight years.) I have taken hundreds of pictures of my daughter and rather than become completely overwhelmed by hundreds of pictures staring me down...I scrap "virtually." Before I sit down to come up with a layout, I scroll through the pictures on my computer (possibly shed a tear or two) and choose which group of pictures that I'd like to scrap. This way I get an idea of how many pictures I want to include and what sizes I think will work best. I also am able to come up with a theme for the page...possibly even a color scheme. (I have been known to choose a color scheme based on what outfit my daughter is wearing in the pictures.) Once I have selected the pictures I am going to use, I upload them to an online site (I use Shutterfly, but I know that there are tons.) and put them into an album titled "Scrapbook Pgs ___." Once there are enough pictures in the album to justify paying shipping or better yet, when Shutterfly has a sale - THEN I order the pictures. Once the pictures arrive all I have to do is crop the pictures and write out a journal entry. I have no idea if my "method" will work for you, but I thought it might help someone else.
- 12 x 12 base: DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
- Accents: (1) 4 1/4 x 12 and 5 x 12 - DCWV Flower Shower Stack
- Photo Mats: (3) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 (will fit 4 x 4 pictures)
- "Bath Time" cut at 4" from Sugar and Spice
- "Duck" (by title) cut at 1.88" from Sugar and Spice (It is supposed to be cut at 4" to be part of the title, but it didn't work for this layout, so I ended up cutting it smaller)
- "Bath tub" cut at 3" from Sugar and Spice
- "Duck" (in the tub) cut at 4" from Create a Critter
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
- Martha Stewart Permanent Pen - Chesnut
- "Skittles ???" (Not sure if this is what they are called) I used them for the bubbles.
- Stickles - Baby Blue (faucet and the tub's feet)
P.S. Some of you may remember my scrap paper situation. If you need a refresher, you can view my craft room tour HERE where my shame is on display for all to see. (Keep in mind that was four months ago, so it's MUCH worse now.) Well, I finally had enough and I cleaned out my scrap drawer yesterday. I'm not sure if this new method will work, but I am giving it a go. I'll update you after I use it for awhile.
|I sorted everything by color and all of the patterned paper by group.|
I should have another sneak peek of the brand new Scrappy Moms Stamps later today or first thing in the morning. (We'll see how the rest of the afternoon pans out.)
If you would like to see some more sneak peeks of the new stamps, check out these wonderful projects!