Sunday, August 15, 2010

Creative Scrapbook Layout: "Bloom and Grow"


So...I have another layout to share.  Hope you're not tired of layouts - it's just that I'm so close to being caught up with my pictures that I'm really trying to power through and finish everything up.  Surprise...there is stitching and craft cardstock (evidently, I am addicted to both).

Robyn from My Pink Stamper is hosting a Critter themed challenge, so I thought it would be a good time to dust off Create a Critter and see what I could create.  This layout started with title.  Is anyone else familiar with The Sound of Music?  (I was slightly obsessed with this movie as a child.  I even went as far as convincing my entire 3rd grade class that I played Gretyl.  The fact that the movie was made in 1965 didn't deter me from creating a very elaborate "story."  Um, yeah - I was bit dramatic.)  Anyway...the title "Bloom and Grow" comes from the lyrics of Edelweiss.  






Materials Used:
  • (2) 12 x 12 bases
  • (2) 11 x 11 pieces of blue glittered cardstock
  • (2) 10 x 10 pieces of patterned cardstock
  • (2) 2 1/4 x 12 pieces of patterned cardstock
    • border punched with EK Success "dotted scallop" punch
  • Photo Mats: 
    • (2) triple mounted photo mats to fit 4 x 4 pictures
    • (3) triple mounted photo mats to fit 4 x 6 pictures
  • Journaling Tag: 3 3/4 x 3 1/2, 3 1/2 x 3 1/4 and 3 1/4 x 3 (scrap of pink trimmed to 1/2" x 3)
    • punched a hole and threaded with ribbon
  • All patterned paper from DCWV Flower Shower Stack 
  • Blue & Yellow Glitter Paper and the Green textured cardstock from DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
  • "Bloom & Grow" - welded the letters from Cherry Limeade and then welded leaves to each of the letters using my Gypsy. 
  • "Hedgehogs" cut at 2.25" & 1.75" from Create a Critter
  • "Flowers" cut at 2.53 from Create a Critter
  • "Tree" cut at 6.5" using "real dial size" from Wild Card
  • "Deer" cut at 3" & 2" from Create a Critter
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
  • Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean & Pearlescent Ivy 
  • Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
  • Jewels from K and Company
Thanks for looking!  Don't forget to check back tomorrow for a sneak peek of one of the newest Scrappy Moms stamp sets!!!

17 comments:

Kerri said...

What a great layout! I've enjoyed following your blog since you create such cute layouts!! Keep up the good work!

Kerri
www.caresofkerri.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Georgous LO!

Scrappy Mel said...

WOW - You are a scrapbooking whirlwind this week! Great job on ALL the layouts!! :)

That tree is so cute - I don't have wild card, but it's adorable. :)

joeygirl86 said...

Oh boy this is soo cute I can't stand it! LOL...I love it! Those little deers are my fav! I'm not getting tired of your LO's ..I love 'em all...you are really inspiring me to get my but started on my daughters baby book..I'm soo behind! tfs :)

creativeprincess said...

I can't get over how detailed your layouts are! They are wonderful!!! You have inspired me to spend more time and put more detail into my next scrapbook.
Thanks
Tara

http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren..

We love your layouts...We can never get tired of them...Always very inspiring.

Evie & Arianna

DG said...

Very cute layout. Love it.

JennyKozar said...

This is a really beautiful layout. TFS!!

Erica said...

Wait...you *didn't* play Gretyl??

Helen said...

Very pretty layout!! I am so behind on my scrapping since I've been obsessed with cards lately--LOL! I love the hedge hogs!

Mrs. A said...

I love, love, love your blog! I'm new to this and not so creative so I need great ideas like yours! Beautiful! I love your scrapbooking style :-)

Mari AKA Momo said...

Seriously Lauren!!! I am just in awe of your layouts! Absolutely STUNNING! I love them all, I love the themes and well I may just love you!!! :o) thanks for all the inspiration! Your amazing! Xoxo Momo

Kraftychick said...

Absolutely adorable LO, Lauren!! I guess I'm going to have to give in and get this cart - there are all kinds of uses for it with LOs about my grandsons and camping with them, etc. TFS!

jackie

Jocelyn said...

I never get tired of your layouts! They're soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! Keep 'em coming!!! TFS!!!

Linda Olive said...

You're very talented! It's great to see such inspiration from my favorite movie. I've even written a website on it myself.

DORCAS said...

FABULOUS! I love this layout!

Christine said...

First of all, I always wished I was Gretyl. That is a great story. I love this layout. My create a critter cartridge is on it's way to my house. I am about to start my sons first year scrapbook and I am trying to get ideas. I just got my cricut too so I am finding your layout's very helpful. I love how you have your blog organzied too. Thanks!