So...I have another layout to share. Hope you're not tired of layouts - it's just that I'm so close to being caught up with my pictures that I'm really trying to power through and finish everything up. Surprise...there is stitching and craft cardstock (evidently, I am addicted to both).
Robyn from My Pink Stamper is hosting a Critter themed challenge, so I thought it would be a good time to dust off Create a Critter and see what I could create. This layout started with title. Is anyone else familiar with The Sound of Music? (I was slightly obsessed with this movie as a child. I even went as far as convincing my entire 3rd grade class that I played Gretyl. The fact that the movie was made in 1965 didn't deter me from creating a very elaborate "story." Um, yeah - I was bit dramatic.) Anyway...the title "Bloom and Grow" comes from the lyrics of Edelweiss.
- (2) 12 x 12 bases
- (2) 11 x 11 pieces of blue glittered cardstock
- (2) 10 x 10 pieces of patterned cardstock
- (2) 2 1/4 x 12 pieces of patterned cardstock
- border punched with EK Success "dotted scallop" punch
- Photo Mats:
- (2) triple mounted photo mats to fit 4 x 4 pictures
- (3) triple mounted photo mats to fit 4 x 6 pictures
- Journaling Tag: 3 3/4 x 3 1/2, 3 1/2 x 3 1/4 and 3 1/4 x 3 (scrap of pink trimmed to 1/2" x 3)
- punched a hole and threaded with ribbon
- All patterned paper from DCWV Flower Shower Stack
- Blue & Yellow Glitter Paper and the Green textured cardstock from DCWV Flower Shower Cardstock Stack
- "Bloom & Grow" - welded the letters from Cherry Limeade and then welded leaves to each of the letters using my Gypsy.
- "Hedgehogs" cut at 2.25" & 1.75" from Create a Critter
- "Flowers" cut at 2.53 from Create a Critter
- "Tree" cut at 6.5" using "real dial size" from Wild Card
- "Deer" cut at 3" & 2" from Create a Critter
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
- Tsukineko Pigment Ink - Coffee Bean & Pearlescent Ivy
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen - White
- Jewels from K and Company
Thanks for looking! Don't forget to check back tomorrow for a sneak peek of one of the newest Scrappy Moms stamp sets!!!